Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wow!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wrpspddrvr
Why are pants pants suddenly so ill-fitting and sticky? blink.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4528098395&rd=1 pray.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
Allan
QUOTE (wrpspddrvr @ Feb 15 2005, 11:19 AM)
Why are pants pants suddenly so ill-fitting and sticky? blink.gif

Pooped in them maybe? I think I remember seeing it for sale some months ago. Really nice looking car.
ninefourteener
I dunno.... I'm by far NOT the one to judge, but this car has been on ebay a couple times. From 10-15 feet away, it looks great, but if I recall, one of the wheels didn't match, there were nicks/dents/scratches all over the place, wires hanging down all around the coolong system..... the trunks/engine bay were not the greatest looking either.

Kinda looks like an old racecar that's been run pretty hard.

I dunno.. I could be wrong, I've just seen a lot of other V8 conversions that were much nicer.
skline
I do like the color, very nice. I was going to do the early 3.5 liter aluminum engine till I started looking for parts to build it. Rover now uses that engine so the parts all come from England. The cost was what made me change my mind and go with the Chevy. But they do make for a very nice ride. That car reminds me of the 914Lite in a way. I bet it scoots right along. The price isnt bad either. I cant believe he isnt a member here. Or is he?
Quebecer
Nice car!

Several details are just not quite up to par.

It gives me a few ideas for mine though.

The color is nice too. cool.gif
redshift
Sag.... blah.

M
anthony
The engine looks dirty like it was a junkyard special.
Aaron Cox
been discussed here before....

thats a ford F150 grille on there.... idea.gif barf.gif barf.gif screwy.gif

POS

love the hanging wires and random foam
user posted image
interesting braces.... screwy.gif
user posted image
aircooledboy
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 15 2005, 02:22 PM)
been discussed here before....

thats a ford F150 grille on there.... idea.gif barf.gif barf.gif screwy.gif

POS

You know Aa, you threw that out last time as a critisism. I'm here to tell ya, making the bumper cut out on a V8 look finished is no easy task. If this guy found a part that fits in the opening, matches the bumper contour, and looks like a finished grill, I say "who cares what it came from." beerchug.gif I'd try to do something with the oval where the Ford emblem used to be, but other than that, it looks pretty good if you ask me. confused24.gif
J P Stein
I know the car & owner, but not well.
Basicly, I've seen it at PAC AXs. The fella has been workin' on it for the last couple years.....it needs some more, but aren't most of us in the same boat? It's been for sale locally for some time.

Hay, it runs & drives, eh? A good start for a decent AX car, me thinks.

(Edit) Anyone here whose modified car is prefect?
Anyone always do these mods right the first time?

In my experience, few guys develop a car , like Marv's3.2 for instance. I'll wage even he knows where a few flaws are.

So, next time ya'll start pickin' nits, ask yourself: "Have I done it better?" If the answer is yes, then have at it and degrade someone elses ride.
mharrison
I'll bet it's a hell of a lot of fun to drive, but I'll never know.

I could not, in good conscience, buy a car from a guy who has a John Kerry campaign sign in his yard. wink.gif

user posted image
914helo
Do you think the side vents direct much air into the engine compartment? Not a bad idea, I just don't know how much air is getting in? idea.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE (mharrison @ Feb 15 2005, 02:12 PM)
I'll bet it's a hell of a lot of fun to drive, but I'll never know.

I could not, in good conscience, buy a car from a guy who has a John Kerry campaign sign in his yard.  ;)

I'd be more worried about it being a POS with a "sell me" paint job on it. Personally I think too many things look wrong on that car.
Bruce Allert
I spoke to this guy the few times he was at our AX. The car is nice and needs a few extras in the interior area but like JP says...... chatsmiley.gif

This car does run out pretty nice. He never really got on it prolly cuz it'd just sit there & spin burnout.gif

......b
vortrex
you are wow'ing over that? car looks pretty rough.
Root_Werks
I think if someone could pick this up for around $7-8K it would be a great start to a AX car. Looks like it's ready to driving.gif biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE (vortrex @ Feb 15 2005, 02:57 PM)
you are wow'ing over that? car looks pretty rough.

agree.gif I think "WOW" would be a strong word for this car. But Cool! certainly comes to mind. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.