Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Member bailing out on us?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircooledboy
I recall seeing this engine here before. Looks to be a damn nice car. We need to figure out who this is and talk him out of selling. beerchug.gif

sweet Raby CAM'ed engine

Nobody gets out of 914land alive. happy11.gif

Ooopsies,

Sorry Mikey. Me fix.

Fixed misleading link title too.
aircooledboy
link added
Joe Bob
Bueno.... biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Yep, I have seen posts on this car before. If he does sell it, I hope he gets another one. sad.gif very nice 914 for sure! wub.gif
Mueller
I think it's the guy that sells model cars...I think he is restoring some kind of british car...
jr91472
This might be an interesting one to watch. Conventional wisdom seems to say that money spent on rebuilding a 4 banger is lost at resell. But if you convert to a 6, then your resell price goes up.

So considering that he is advertising a brand new (albiet stock) Raby engine, I will be very interested to see what it goes for. idea.gif

don't ask me why I care, I can't imagine ever selling my car regardless of what I put behind the seat wub.gif

Mueller
newdeal2 is his screen name here (I think???).....
scotty914
its not a raby engine, just a raby cam

quote :
The heads and crank were sent to a local Porsche shop and received a complete rebuild including all new bearings, new intake and exhaust valves, hd springs, guides , etc. The case was align bored and the galley plugs were replaced [tapped and screwed]. I used a type 1 oil pump for better pressure, new flat top pistons [better compression] and cylinders. A new Raby designed 73 grind Web Cam was installed with a new gear and lifters also by Webcam.

sorry guys
Dominic
What Raby Engine ? The guy said he put in a Raby Camshaft, Raby didn't build the engine according to his description... wacko.gif

Just wanted to clarify that.
jr91472
hmmm...my bad

what was it that old lady on SNL use to say? "never mind"
bd1308
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 15 2005, 05:21 PM)
I think it's the guy that sells model cars...I think he is restoring some kind of british car...

why bother? is he a electrical engineer?
SLITS
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Feb 15 2005, 05:04 PM)
hmmm...my bad

what was it that old lady on SNL use to say? "never mind"

Gilda Radner....she wasn't old, just well done!
Mueller
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 15 2005, 05:12 PM)

it's nice looking car...cannot be any worse than a 914 smile.gif

user posted image
SLITS
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 15 2005, 05:16 PM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 15 2005, 05:12 PM)

it's nice looking car...cannot be any worse than a 914 smile.gif

user posted image

OhYES IT CAN
bd1308
good luck....if i sees you on the side of the road rubbing wires together i'll pull over and help *sheesh*

before being car-informed i was going to get a TR-6 but now (with my knowledge) I have chosen the 914 and i havent looked back....i like the teak dash tho sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 15 2005, 04:16 PM)
cannot be any worse than a 914 smile.gif

famous last words ...
jimtab
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 15 2005, 04:13 PM)
hmmm...my bad

what was it that old lady on SNL use to say?  "never mind"

agree.gif bright, talented, funny and died well before her time....a damn shame, like my Grandad always said- someone dies everyday and it's never the right one....
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (jimtab @ Feb 15 2005, 09:27 PM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 15 2005, 04:13 PM)
hmmm...my bad

what was it that old lady on SNL use to say?  "never mind"

agree.gif bright, talented, funny and died well before her time....a damn shame, like my Grandad always said- someone dies everyday and it's never the right one....

and she was married to willy wonka grouphug.gif how cool was that biggrin.gif
bd1308
GENE WILDER was awesome...young frankenstein was awesome!!!

"Elevate me.....", "right here..now?"

"Look at those knockers!", "why thank you doctor"
jimtab
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 15 2005, 10:07 PM)

"Look at those knockers!", "why thank you doctor"

NO NO NO, ITS "GOODNESS WHAT KNOCKERS"---WHY THANK YOU DOCTOR.....
mharrison
There was a local guy here that raced an old Triumph I think. It had a sticker on the side that said

"All parts falling off of this car are of the finest British craftsmanship" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Now, that being said, he beat my Mazda times......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.