Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RedDawg? kit for sale.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fireinc
Gents, Newbie to the fourm. oh yeah ASL stuff... 1975 Rubber Bumpered, Fac.Injected (alive), 'Rootbeer' (colored not flavored), 914. Garaged/hibernating but stirring with some recent tinkering. "Project" of sorts.

Question: Anyone got a line on Reddawg Racing or know a website/addy or even a phone num?

Question 2: Would any of you (deranged) fella's want to purcahse a nearly complete, never installed, Reddawg set up? Details in brief:

Reddawg Custom Engine Support.
Reddwags custom made Heavy Duty Engine mounts.
KEP Engine/Transaxle addapter.
Reddawgs custom/slick radiator support/shroud system.
Nifty R'dawg "How to" tape that everyone raves about ;-)

Wierd stuff:

Setup is mated to a extremly low mileage 2001 GM 3.4 60' V6 that is presently fitted w/Headers and David of Reddawg built (masterful!) the setup a custom 3" exhaust w/included dual free flow mufflers that tie in together exiting out center rear of car ala "Boxter" style. Exhaust will need a decorative tip added when installed. It HAS a O2 sensor bung already (and a sensor, gratis)

Needed items/considerations are:

Radiator. (system/shroud intended for a 70's Camero type radiator)
Radiator Fan assy. ( " intended for Fiero, but aftermarket types supposedly fine)
Electroinc engine management for above unit. I know a shop that could hook you up but be forwarned and research the $$ required here.

Potential:

Block makes 185 Hp stock w/factory iron exhaust manifolds and cat.convert. With the supplied exhaust and lack of CC I'd assume it pushing 200(+?) HP. Reddawg and I both came to the conclusion/impression that the setup would only add some <250 lbs or less of weight over original stock setup and wouldn't likely need the extra supports/considerations of V8 conversions. YMMV.

More HP than a Audi TT, Half the weight, and NONE of the safety features... COOL!

Looming move requires begrudging sale. Idealy would like to pawn it off on a local (San Antonio, TX.) fellow but can arange crating/shipment if you'd give me a few days. AND/OR open to suggestions? should I list it on eBay or something?

Will try to answer your questions as best I can and hope to have some pics soon.

Regards,

Edward

Mueller
welcome Edward.....

no luck with their website confused24.gif red dawg

pretty decent setup you have, I've helped on a ZZ4 powed 914 that used a bunch of the red dawg parts

there is a local guy running that same V6, nice install and the car runs great, I think he is using red dawg parts as well (radiator setup)

too many people diss the V6 conversions..nothing wrong them at all.....

good luck on you sale...pictures really help and post something in the classifieds...

skline
Wrong link, here is the link to thier website. I dont know what that other one goes to.
Dave_Darling
Nothing, now--but that indeed used to be their website for quite a few years...

They were, umm, less than entirely helpful in the forums on Tim's Fan Page long ago. (They answered every question, but it was always with "We can do that--call us at XXXXX"; never with actual info.)

--DD
skline
What do you mean nothing? I know the link I posted works, that is where I stole my avatar from. Or are you talking about the link that Mike posted?
Mueller
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 16 2005, 04:39 PM)
What do you mean nothing? I know the link I posted works, that is where I stole my avatar from. Or are you talking about the link that Mike posted?

he meant my link, it used to be their website....
PatW
The Gentleman who bought my 914 Molds is having his car worked on at Red Dawg. He's a lurker here maybe he'll chime in.. Clay you listening?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.