Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: NOS Chassis Sheet Metal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
stevegm
I am looking for an NOS driver's side inner rocker panel for an early car.

Restoration-Design makes the part - http://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/PP301L

But, they only make it for a late car (only a slight difference in appearance. But, i'd like this car to be done right).

I'd also be interested in other NOS sheet metal if you have it.
altitude411
Steve, are you talking about the two cylindrical shapes in the 2nd and 3rd bays of the inner rocker panel? I thought this was just the difference in drivers and passenger panels and not early and late discrepancy? Sorry, I don't want to derail your ad but would like to see this documented somewhere? I can't seem to find any definitive photo's. Do you have any by chance? I'm curious as to why the change in design...
stevegm
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Apr 10 2015, 12:51 PM) *

Steve, are you talking about the two cylindrical shapes in the 2nd and 3rd bays of the inner rocker panel? I thought this was just the difference in drivers and passenger panels and not early and late discrepancy? Sorry, I don't want to derail your ad but would like to see this documented somewhere? I can't seem to find any definitive photo's. Do you have any by chance? I'm curious as to why the change in design...

I'm by no means an expert on this. But, as I recall it is an early/late issue. When I get home I'll confirm. I think Kent ran into this on the 6 he is restoring too. There is discussion of it in his thread - 914-6 restoration, and away we go
altitude411
Well, I just found a photo on the Tangerine restoration thread.... Great, another thing to correct on my six. dry.gif Good luck in your search. Looks like I'll be looking for one as well.
stevegm
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Apr 10 2015, 01:03 PM) *

Well, I just found a photo on the Tangerine restoration thread.... Great, another thing to correct on my six. dry.gif Good luck in your search. Looks like I'll be looking for one as well.

Ya, that is what I thought. I'll start a thread in the garage with photos. Because RD doesn't make the early one, I suspect a few people have used the wrong one. Not a functional difference though. :-)
boxstr
So, would these be early or late?
Craig at CAMP
stevegm
I think this is the issue:

Late, driver's side rockers have these two round bump outs. Earlies do not. I believe that the passenger side is the same for all years, IIRC.

There is a short discussion of it in this thread - starting with post 153:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...4443&st=140
stevegm
QUOTE(boxstr @ Apr 10 2015, 01:17 PM) *

So, would these be early or late?
Craig at CAMP

Craig, That looks like a passenger side, correct? If so, I think it is the same for early and late.
boxstr
Correct these are passenger side.
Craig at CAMP
sixaddict
I have NOS firewall.....
stevegm
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Apr 11 2015, 06:55 AM) *

I have NOS firewall.....

PM sent.
peteyd
I have a set of outer rocker panels that I just picked up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.