Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: window cranks...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blk'72
Soooo, I just got out of parts heaven today with $10 worth of new parts.......WhooooPPPPPP HAAAa!!!
I bouthg a set of window cranks levers thingy to replace my old broken one on both sides...
My question now is...I've seen some really nice billet ones for other cars, some with pretty funky designs, and that is really what I wanted to get, but the problem I was thingking about was fitting?
Any of you guys have non stock window cranks?
Can you show some pics please?
Let me know what you bought and where?
Thanks all...
Also, The guys at parts heaven were telling me about their annual swap meet in june?
Any infos on that?
Thanks
R.
bd1308
bubblegum and a vice clamp....pics coming soon! wink.gif
skline
I like to use what the factory put on the door. There are tons out there on parts cars everywhere. I am sure someone here has a couple they can part with. As for Parts Heaven, we had our last day at WCC last year at their swap meet. It was ok, not really as big as i thought it would be but all in all, there was a lot of people there. Good turnout.
blk'72
Great , good to know, now lets see some pics yo!
R.
dlo914
a few weeks back at the junk i pulled one off a bug, and the guy at the counter was like umm $1...i was like SWEET!!! smilie_pokal.gif
Rough_Rider
Picked these ones up at a bug shop last year. Cost about $25....
There a two part design. A small spur gear fits onto the winder stub shaft in the door. It looks a bit like a small cog.
The handle piece slides over this cog & is afixed by a hidden allen headed screw.

Whole thing took less than 5 mins to install, looks pretty cool. Adjusts in seconds & is way stronger than the plastic part i took off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.