Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW head rebuilder?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r3dplanet
My heads need a good refresh. Can anyone recommend a good rebuilder in Oregon, Washington, etc?

I'm not looking for a debate on buying new heads.

Thanks,
Marcus
boxstr
Downtown, Bearing Service.
Craig at CAMP
Bleyseng
Really? I park right by there all the time when in Portland. Next time I will bring a set of heads for em.
Todd Enlund
I know that Jake O'Doule had his heads done at Bearing Services and he is happy with them.
r3dplanet
Splendid. I spoke with my machinist and he likes them too. I'll drop by tomorrow and see if they're up for a chat.
cary
http://bearingservicecoportlandor.com/
r3dplanet
So far so good.

I dropped by Bearing Service today. They have quite a shop. The guy that does head work knows all about Type-4 heads. He took a good amount of time to show me where the failures usually happen, and also to show me exactly how he likes to machine them. Both of the people I spoke with were interested in the overall rebuild project and we discussed the design goals. He admitted the heads and also two sets of cylinders to determine which set is best.

He didn't promise me anything but a thorough inspection and cleaning, and then to take the process from there. Nobody wants to work with junk parts.

It was a good experience. It's nice to have face-to-face contact with people who do your work.

I'll update when I have more news.

-marcus
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.