Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's just a pic but….
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Next
Recently attended a meeting for those interested in learning more about showing cars in Peachstate region PCA concours events. I took my 914 and after the meeting one of the newsletter staff asked if he could take a couple of pics of it. Said he might use them sometime but didn't realize it would be so soon. Its only a pic on the contents page but was still fun to see.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mepstein
Looks great.

Lower the front happy11.gif
914Next
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 12 2015, 12:38 PM) *

Looks great.

I know. I actually think the rear is just sagging.
Big Len

Looks great.

agree.gif
Larmo63
Is that a Porsche?
914Next

Looks great.

Damn you guys are tough!

Alright….the car is going in Tuesday to have a hot start problem checked. I'll get their opinion on what I can do with dropping the front a bit. Problem is the car is a preservation car and I want to keep as stock/original as possible. Also going to ask them about changing out fuel lines because I do agree with all of you that a nice survivor is better than a burned out shell of a former nice survivor.
bandjoey
Charge for the photo...it'll be the best one in the magazine
Cairo94507
Congratulations - That is so cool! first.gif
Larmo63
Counter clockwise on the front end torsion bar lowering bolts and a new alignment. Easy peasy.

Just level it, no need to dump it.
JawjaPorsche
Congratulations, Steve! beerchug.gif
Michael N
The car looks great in print. That is a nice souvenir to have.
914Next
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 12 2015, 03:55 PM) *

Counter clockwise on the front end torsion bar lowering bolts and a new alignment. Easy peasy.

Thanks, Larmo. Will try that. Seems simple enough.

And thanks everyone for the comments on the pic. I mean, its just a pic in a quarterly newsletter but still…..fun to see.

Steve
914Next
QUOTE(914Next @ Apr 12 2015, 04:30 PM) *

Thanks, Larmo. Will try that. Seems simple enough.

And thanks everyone for the comments on the pic. I mean, its just a pic in a quarterly newsletter but still…..fun to see.

Steve

TheCabinetmaker
Only one pic? Very tasteful. Well done!
mepstein

agree.gif turning the torsion bar bolt is totally reversible. Just count how many turns, write it down and reverse anytime. You could reverse it the morning of the judging and change it back before you drive home. Seriously, it's the same level of difficulty as screwing in a lightbulb.

I would be thrilled to see my car in print. Congrats
914Next
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 12 2015, 04:48 PM) *

agree.gif turning the torsion bar bolt is totally reversible. Just count how many turns, write it down and reverse anytime. You could reverse it the morning of the judging and change it back before you drive home. Seriously, it's the same level of difficulty as screwing in a lightbulb.

I would be thrilled to see my car in print. Congrats

Got it. Will definitely do this. Do I recall hearing of a specific type of alignment needed on these cars? (Sorry for the basic questions….I'm learning as fast as I can!)

Steve
Tom_T
QUOTE(914Next @ Apr 12 2015, 11:04 AM) *

Looks great.

Damn you guys are tough!

Alright….the car is going in Tuesday to have a hot start problem checked. I'll get their opinion on what I can do with dropping the front a bit. Problem is the car is a preservation car and I want to keep as stock/original as possible. Also going to ask them about changing out fuel lines because I do agree with all of you that a nice survivor is better than a burned out shell of a former nice survivor.

So Steve, I'm seeing this late due to an email back-up on a biz trip (yes, too much biz time, but a successful unobtanium 914 parts hunt on the side too for my resto).

The factory actually raised the US cars about an 1" for some US-DOT &/or warranty reasons (I've heard it both ways back in the day), so the adjustment can be easily made at the torsion bars IIRC & drop it back to a correct front height where it will both look & handle better.

Most were dropped by the original owners or selling dealers before sold anyway, so they won't gig you in concours for having it at the actual proper ride ht.

Hopefully you got the same story from your shop guy & it's down low now!

Congratz on the pic - not just on the ToC page, but that looks like a new Peachtree Mag azine Logo pic for future issues (unless they change every time). Very cool to see 914s getting the respect that they've always deserved!

PS - the adjustment usually doesn't require a new alignment, but the shop should check it anyway, since it could be out beforehand. As Mark said, it's easy to do, but don't worry about lifting for judging & it would be a winning protestable item if you were dinged (at Parade), & that wouldn't happen at Peachtree & your other Zone CdEs since originality is not judged at that level.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
pilothyer
Beautiful ride, nice picture, but the fish eye lens seems to have made the wart look a bit out of place. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Nice! aktion035.gif
pilothyer
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 12 2015, 01:12 PM) *

Is that a Porsche?

NARP, It Ain't biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.