Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD- Set of 6 Twin Plug MFI 90mm S Spec Heads & 2.4 7R Case 90mm Bore
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
hwgunner
SOLD I have for sale a couple items I was saving for my ultimate engine build. My life goals are changing and these, and a few other items to come, are not part of the plan.

First, I do not have pictures of these items because they have just returned from Competition Engineering where Walt performed all of his magic. I started to look and it just seemed I would never get them so nicely packaged again. I will of course un package and take pictures As soon as possible now that this thread is posted.

First up, I have an original 2.4 CIS 7R case. This case has been completely gone through by CE. Please read the complete list on the copy of the invoice I have attached. Basically this is set up to make a 2.5 liter MFI motor. It takes the small 66mm crank and 90mm pistons. This is the case to have if this is what you want to do because of its strength. May not be correct from a purity standpoint but that is never what my car was about.
The cost for the work on the case was $1337.20 plus shipping and a years wait time. The case itself is worth something between $0 and $3500.00 depending on who you talk to. I would like to get $2675.00 out of the case plus the shipping. Price is firm as I still have the car that this case belongs to.

Next up is a set of twin plug MFI S Spec heads. NO THESE ARE NOT ALL ORIGINAL S HEADS! Three of them are S heads and the other three started life as CIS heads and were modified by CE. These have been opened to 90mm and had the Full Monty done to them. Please check out the Invoice attached from CE.
The cost of the work on the heads was just over $4000.00 plus a years wait but without the cost of the 3 core heads. I would like to get $3500.00 OBO out of the heads plus shipping.

I would be willing to do some bartering for the right stuff but it will have to be a sweet deal for me. Car, guns, truck, vintage camp trailer, custom knives.....

You can PM me here, email me at jonathan@hwgunner.com or you can text/call me at 8o5-55o-81o5
hwgunner
Bump to the top.
brant
I so wish the case didn't have bored spigots.
Really really wish!!!

Badly need to find a small spigot 7r for the race car right now.
johnhora
brant...email me I have a small spigot 7R case available
JmuRiz
Question: Are the port sizes 36-in and 36-ex?
That is a little improvement over the 35's on the 2.7 CIS heads, with the benefit of dual plugs to run more CR.

Let me check with my engine guy, he has yet to start on my 2.7 rebuild and may be interested in the heads. Not sure if he thought of going twin plug...granted I'd have to do crank-fire or $$$$ dual plug dist if I went that route.
hwgunner
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ May 14 2015, 07:34 AM) *

Question: Are the port sizes 36-in and 36-ex?
That is a little improvement over the 35's on the 2.7 CIS heads, with the benefit of dual plugs to run more CR.

Let me check with my engine guy, he has yet to start on my 2.7 rebuild and may be interested in the heads. Not sure if he thought of going twin plug...granted I'd have to do crank-fire or $$$$ dual plug dist if I went that route.

The heads are S spec so I believe the port size is 36 and 35. The dual plug part can be plugged if you dont want to do the distributor now and then just un-plugged when you are ready. Price having the stock heads gon through and you may find these are still a pretty good deal.

jonathan
hwgunner
Bump to the top.
hwgunner
Bump
hwgunner
Just a note, I leave for a 2 week vacation on Saturday, June 20th, so I may be a little or a lot slow to respond until I get back on July 5th. Thanks

jonathan
hwgunner
bump to the top
hwgunner
Bump to the top. jonathan
JmuRiz
Would be great on that core motor, someone buy em up before my engine builder is ready to spend my money smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.