Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear shock/ride height question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
I had set of Bilsteins in rear that were determined to be bad. Had ride height set with new stock springs. Changed to Konis that only have small gradient change potential so car is way too high in the rear.

Anyone know who rebuilds Bilsteins ...
Worried if I cut springs I stiffen rear too much...
Would like to switch back to Bilsteins IF I can have rebuilt..>Hate to drop $$ on new shocks.

Idea anyone?

Thanks

Terry
914itis
I am not sure , but it was discussed here that you will not be saving much if any -new vs rebuilt .
914_teener
QUOTE(914itis @ Apr 14 2015, 12:30 PM) *

I am not sure , but it was discussed here that you will not be saving much if any -new vs rebuilt .

They can be rebuilt in Poway here in Cali...but I went through this....I wasn't going to pay shipping by making a trip down there to avoid the costs and it was still a wash on cost.

I'd just buy new ones and be done with it. Also save yourself some hassles and spring for the adjustable perches.
rhodyguy
spring biggrin.gif for a threaded collar package.
naro914
Terry, Wes Burton will rebuild Bilsteins. Or you can send them back to Bilstein... but as people have said, probably cheaper to just buy new.
sixaddict
QUOTE(naro914 @ Apr 15 2015, 01:49 PM) *

Terry, Wes Burton will rebuild Bilsteins. Or you can send them back to Bilstein... but as people have said, probably cheaper to just buy new.

Thanks all.......you are correct.......looked at rebuild and then did search
Bought new for much less than I thought possible.
I suspect revalving to get a specific characteristic is only logical reason to rebuild.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.