Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: H4 Hella Headlamp question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wes
I have a question on Hella H4 Headlamps, years back I hade the H4 conversion on my 911 and the headlamp came with a removeable lamp that was replaceable, but I just bought one for my 914 and on the box it says 70476 wich is for our 914s but on the back of the lamp it has a part # H6017 and the lamp is all one part so you would have to replace the intire unit, is this new or a mistake?Click to view attachment
wes
On the lampClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
My H4s have removable bulbs. I don't think they are made in Japan either.
wes
I didn't want to say it but the Japan thing was part of the reason I was wondering! I bought them from one of the members hear and sort of feel a bit taken.
Larmo63
The cool guys have removable/upgradeable bulbs in their H4s.
sportlicherFahrer
Based on the marks on the contacts of that bulb, you just bought a used sealed beam headlamp that is definitely not a 70476 part number. 7TPorsh is correct. 70476 is a H4 housing that you can remove the bulb from for replacement.
sean_v8_914
H4 is the designation of the removable bulb cartridge

h6017 is a sealed beam equivalent

screenguy914
I removed a pair of Hella halogen lights from my car. On the bottom of the glass, it says, "Sealed Beam". If US DOT approved, there are "tits" on the glass for aiming machines. The E-code, 7' lamp housings and replaceable H4 bulbs don't have aiming tits.

FWIW, I found the French Cibie H4 lamps to produce more light with a more definite horizontal light cutoff than the equivalent H4 Hella lamps. Same result compared with Bosch 911 H4 units. Be aware there are Cibie-style lamps on Ebay - close, but not as good as the real thing.

wes
What burns me is the fact that a member hear sold them to me as Hella H4 showing the box in the in the picture and shipped them in the same Hella boxs!
I sent him a PM, I'll see what's next!
PS I have bought a lot of parts on 914Wold and haven't had a problem so the odds are still good.
7TPorsh
Curious, is the front lens flat?
wes
No just like a regular headlamp.
rhodyguy
def dif in the lens. are the ones pictured here the same as sold at pelican? the number on the front bottom left is 306=111 603
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.