Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
Hello,
What can I expect to pay for a good, used 2.0 engine with or without FI? Assume alternator, starter, heat exchangers, distributor, engine tin, etc can be moved from the crapped out motor to the new one? Thx.
EJP
Mblizzard
I would go to one of the engine builders here like Original Customs. McMark got me a 2.0, did the heads, added new pistons, and cylinders for a great price. PM me and I will get you the details. But I would expect to pay $2 to $4K for a good solid runner. But I over only purchased a few over the years.

Getting a used one from someone that knows these engines is hard to price. I would also look at Original Customs 1911 or 2056 at $4 to 5K for a great engine it is hard to beat.
r_towle
Used, 200-1500 depending upon condition.

More of a decent rebuild was done and it's from a known person.
stevegm
I've got a complete 2.0 liter with injection that I'll sell for $1,000. I don't know much about the engine, but I would think that it could use a rebuild. I've also got a newly-rebuilt 1911cc engine with all the bells and whistles, that I'm asking $4k for. It is cammed for carbs. If those give you an idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.