Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crusty Project or Parts Car.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
FourBlades
I am selling my red 1972 1.7L 914 that I bought in 2009. I wanted a 914 to drive while I was working on my blue car. I bought this car running and driving, but needing new floor pans to be safe. I had great fun driving it around the quiet streets in my neighborhood for a few months until parking it. It has not been started in 4 years and is probably a parts car at this point or a project car for a brave person. I know I could restore it but I realized I don't have space to keep another 914 so it really needs to move on.

Edit 4-15-2015: The original color for this car was marathon blue metallic. I think I have priced the car and included enough new parts that a person could restore it and not be as far under water as usual (if you do some work yourself) or a person could part it out and make a little money while using parts for their own project.

Click to view attachment

Trying to get it running again, I noticed at least one spark plug has been badly heli-coiled. I would consider the motor as a core at best even though it was running ok a few years ago.

The bad: Needs new floor pans, new rear trunk floor, some front trunk rust, hell hole, other assorted rust damage, side shift transmission that works but is very vague (probably worn linkage). Interior is pretty trashed. Seats are trashed. Driver side door handle missing. Tires are shot.

No Florida title. I bought it from a person from Georgia who had valid Georgia plates on the car. I have a bill of sale from the PO. PO told me Georgia does not issue titles on cars over a certain age. I was sure I could get a new title using his plates and bill of sale, or using www.getnewtitle.com (for $500) worst case.

The good: solid longs, 2.0 liter fuchs in decent shape, door gaps do not change when jacking up the car, comes with NEW carpet set, NEW fuel injection vacuum hose set, NEW stock seat re-upholstery kit, has a complete fuel injection system, newly rebuilt alternator, decent front bumper I bought for $300.

The car has been kept covered up and kept dry.

Pictures from today:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

More pictures to follow.

John
FourBlades
Last set:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Please post any questions!

Thanks...John
Larmo63
Not bad for $1000….GLWTS
carr914
That's a Concours car in Canada!

Let me see if I can create a hole for it to save for another day
FourBlades

You need to jump on this TC, its one of the few 914s I don't think you have owned!

biggrin.gif

John
FourBlades
These parts are included with the car.

New floor mats:

Click to view attachment

Decent door cards with cut outs for speakers. mad.gif

Click to view attachment

Newly recovered center back pad cushion.

Click to view attachment

New stock seat upholstery kit.

Click to view attachment

New dark grey carpet set.

Click to view attachment

New FI vacuum hose kit.

Click to view attachment

These parts are worth a good part of the asking price for the car...

John
daytona
This is very tempting. Where in Brevard are you? I am in the Daytona area of Volusia.
Bill.
FourBlades

PMs sent to interested folks.

John
JamesM
Looks like a total basket case, but the price seems more than fair.

If it wasn't on the wrong side of the country I would have already put cash in your hand.

carr914
Fuch headbang.gif

John, I'll take it!

headbang.gif headbang.gif

TC
carr914
I'm committed or should be committed! blink.gif
carr914
Bought & Sold to the new Buyer of "Betsy"

Of Course I kept a few things!
carr914
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Apr 15 2015, 07:34 AM) *

You need to jump on this TC, its one of the few 914s I don't think you have owned!

biggrin.gif

John

Of course, you didn't tell me that George once owned it til this morning! wacko.gif
FourBlades
I think TC owned it for all of 4 hours, but that still counts in his quest to own every 914 at least once.

We probably should not mention the stinky varnished fuel spilled tilting the car onto the trailer. blink.gif

Thanks man for getting it to a new home!

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.