Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Latch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonpr88
My rear passenger side targa latch busted a few months ago. I almost never ride with the top up (gotta love California), so it hasn't been a pressing issue. I'm ready to finally take care of it, and have found the replacement part. However, I can't figure out how to actually get in there and replace it.

Has anyone dealt with this before?
SirAndy
What part broke? The one mounted to the targa bar or the one mounted to the top?

On the targa bar, all you need is a 10mm socket (two bolts per latch) and a Philips screwdriver to remove the padding.
smash.gif
jonpr88
The actual hook mounted to the targa bar.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 16 2015, 11:06 AM) *

What part broke? The one mounted to the targa bar or the one mounted to the top?

On the targa bar, all you need is a 10mm socket (two bolts per latch) and a Philips screwdriver to remove the padding.
smash.gif

+1
From the factory manual, the only serviceable part is the spring. Otherwise the 2 moving parts are held in place with a sturdy rivet. Made specific: left or right.Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.