Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installed morphenspectra speaker pods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
One of the PO's of my car installed the speakers in the doors barf.gif I bought a set of morphenspectra speaker panel pods with speakers and installed one today. Very nice product! clap.gif I will finish this project tomorrow when I can push my car away from the wall.
GaroldShaffer
Why I only did one side rolleyes.gif

AZ914
I agree.. the pods are great. I've had them now for about a year. I wish my motor wasn't so damn loud I could hear them a little better.

Nice garage! I like the poster collection smilie_pokal.gif
Dave-O
Looks good! I was going to do the same before i just decided to take the radio out.

David

P.S. Nice picture on the wall biggrin.gif
CptTripps
I got mine yesterday...they are on the pile of things in the basement I need to install when I get closer to a running car. =)

Pile right now:

Morphenspectra Door Panels
Morphenspectra Speaker Pods
Engman Long Braces
Engman Pedal Board
Engman 3rd Brake Light
Engman Fuse Update

I've still got to buy...
Morphenspectra Guage Center w/Sub

There are some people here that make some awesome stuff...
scooter311
smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks for the pics, I'm gonna perpetrate myself a set soon, along with the carpet set.

Not to hijack, but anyone have experience with the carpet kits, ie. quality, fit, etc?

CptTripps
QUOTE (scooter311 @ Feb 17 2005, 08:44 AM)
Not to hijack, but anyone have experience with the carpet kits, ie. quality, fit, etc?

I was going to ask that very question. Not that I'll have it together in the next few weeks, but I'm getting all the rest of my pieces-parts together and that's one of the things on the list. There is also a guy on eBay with a set of plush carpets.

I'd like to find a loop-pile set, but that's prooving harder than I thought.
morph
The carpet kit is nice, but its for those who are on a budget. I got samples of the imported german loop yesterday that will be used for our german loop kits, and the kit will not be cheap. (between $300-$400) depending on how much our upholstery people charge us to bond all eitht pieces. There will be 9 colors available, including the factory colors. If you don't want to wait, then you could try Performance Products, they have a german loop kit available. The other e-bayer that sells plush is a nice guy, but both of ours is made of needle punch loop.

HIEDI
CptTripps
Sounds like you guys are Busy little bees this month. I talked to James the other day...I'm excited about everything you have going on.

How do you think the plush kit will hold up long-term? I'm using my car as a summer driver. Is it worth the extra $150 to get a loop-pile kit?
morph
Loop pile is bullet proof, it will stand through anything. We don't have the test of time yet on our kit, however we live on a gravel/dirt road and everything gets dirty, and the carpet in my husbands daily driver cleans up nicely and still looks good.

HIEDI
CptTripps
But what about your "Plush kit" long-term?
scooter311
Uh ohhh look out here come some stupid questions.........

What's german loop? Loop pile? Needle-point loop? PLush sorta makes sense, but?

My carpet is greyish colored, and a 'berber' texture. I'm not certain what 'berber' is, but I was told that's what it looked like. I though a berber was a nomadic desert dweller-type person. Are the berber people greyish in color, and of a hearty texture?

rolleyes.gif

Maybe some pics I can peruse?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.