Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saw one in the wild today.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Olympic 914
Around here 914s sightings are pretty rare. Saw this one the other day, its on the route I like to take with the motorcycles. So today I was in the area and thought I would stop. I wasn't sure I wouldn't be met by a shotgun when I stepped into the yard but took a chance.
didn't look to bad riding by on the bike, picked out the flares and that's about it.
The closer I got the worse it looked. Plate said 10/14 so there is a possibility it might run. confused24.gif

No one answered the door. I may try back sometime later in the day, its not real far from me.

Click to view attachment

May have looked nice at one time

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Looks like a parts car now, Not even sure I would want it. but I don't have a parts car.

got a shot of the VIN, didn't add it. 4742915304

Click to view attachment

SirAndy
Well, the VIN is in the LE range and it appears the car used to be white ...
idea.gif popcorn[1].gif
kfish914
Save it and turn it into a flared Creamcicle
biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Johny Blackstain
I always wanted to see a flared creamsicle w/ painted gasburners instead of Fuchs. The ultimate 5 lug conversion biggrin.gif
Olympic 914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 17 2015, 01:37 PM) *

Well, the VIN is in the LE range and it appears the car used to be white ...
idea.gif popcorn[1].gif

Pretty far gone if it is..... and the targa trim is silver not black. if I get a chance i'll try to see if it has the sway bars. All LE had the sway bars right?
Spoke
Where did you see it? I work in Monroeville.
Olympic 914
Damn, I live in Irwin. You should stop by for a beer. beerchug.gif

Its near West Newton.

forrestkhaag
must be nice to live in a place where one can leave a 914 unattended in the woods and return to see it unattended in the woods...... Try that out here in Coo Coo Land and he gone! WTF.gif

Olympic 914
So this thing resurfaces. it s for sale at a junkyard down the road from where I first saw it back in 2015. don't know where it was stored in between. I drive this road occasionally between Sutersville and West Newton PA.

I don't have a need for it or the space to keep it. So just putting it out there for anyone who might be interested.

Looks like they just washed it. the pictures are better than I remember it.

1974 and single carb. judging from the plug positions I would say it's a 1.8

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/wes...7016343088.html

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.