Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tips for matching custom paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
my car has custom paint that is still in very good shape, but suffers from multiple dings, etc. I have no information at all regarding the paint code (non factory as stated).

Will paint shops match paint for you and sell small quantities?

thx in adance pray.gif
bd1308
dude thats what body shops do anyway....they guesstimate the color then color match it to work....they mgiht even sell you the paint they mix
ddroger
Many auto paint stores have computer-based matching equipment that scan a sample of the paint and them provide a mixing formula to match. You need to bring in a sample (in my case I brought in a headlight bucket). As far as "small quantities" goes, they're limited by how small a quantity of the least ingredient in the paint mix and how small that bit can be and still make an accurate mix. I'd say you might be lucky to get a half-quart, more likely a full quart would be the minimum. My one experience with this service netted a "perfect" match; at least to my eyes. clap.gif

Don
jr91472
keewwll.... smilie_pokal.gif

thanks all
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.