Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mintex rear pad orientation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914jeff
I know I need to drill one of the holes larger to fit the larger pad pin in the caliper. No problem.

Does the relief slot on the back of the pads have any particular orientation in relation to rotor motion?

In the pad set I got two "left" and two "right" slotted.

Any comments?
orange914jeff
Sincere question. Nobody to respond?
ejm
If the pads were made exclusively for a 914 the holes would be the correct size. In some of the other applications for these pads there may be an anti-rotation plate for the caliper piston. So it shouldn't matter which way they go but I would make them all the same.

And welcome to the board wavey.gif
SGB
yes you will have to drill to round out one hole slightly. I don't recall the relief slot issue when I put my Mintex pads in. I think as long as its symmetrical to the other side they can be any orientation.
davep
Tricky question. The rear calipers were not designed to run with the reliefs. In fact, I don't think any Porsche brake pad has them. The calipers that do use a relief have them machined into the piston, and then have locks to keep them in the proper orientation. Porsche uses an angled relief, not a straight one.

My reccommendation would be to fill in the reliefs, otherwise you may be running into problems. Not a good choice in pads I think. At least I would have chosen a better compound for my 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.