Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $599 for a gas cap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
serge914
Make sure the gas station guy doesn't forget to put it back

EBAY
Allan
I think the guy is trying to say that a previous one sold on e bay with a starting price of $599.00 and went all the way to $1200.00. blink.gif
redshift
I'll sell you the one off of my car for $250.

M
michel richard
I also think it's a 906 cap, 110 mm size.

Not sure a 906 is street legal. So if you forget, you can always stop after a lap of the track and get it back.

Hihihi

Michel Richard
Toast
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 16 2005, 05:43 PM)

M

I know someone that will probably just give you one.
Chris914n6
holy crap! it's got a bid!!!! confused24.gif unsure.gif blink.gif screwy.gif
Bleyseng
Martin will make you one for cheaper...

biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 16 2005, 04:43 PM)

M

I'd sell Miles for a buck 35.... mueba.gif
GWN7
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Feb 16 2005, 05:08 PM)
Martin will make you one for cheaper...

biggrin.gif

Martins ones don't come with that Porsche sticker on the bag. wink.gif That alone is worth $400....I wonder how much the inking on the plastic bag is worth? biggrin.gif
SirAndy
yupp, 906 part number, 110 mm dia., original package, never opened, starting bid $599, buy it now $1299 ...

this is the real deal!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Bleyseng
The only one around here that cars about that kind of stuff is Qarl. He has a whole house full of NOS parts still in the bags saving them for a day when the paint is dry on the 914conversion.

wink.gif
skline
I just cant believe that price!! For a gas cap? I'm sorry, I just cant see it. I dont care how rare it is, its just a damn gas cap and is not worth $600.00 to $1200.00. I would rather run without one, just find something else to fill the hole.
SirAndy
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 16 2005, 06:09 PM)
I would rather run without one, just find something else to fill the hole.

and that's why you drive the ugly car ...

biggrin.gif Andy
I just cant believe that price!! For a gas cap? I'm sorry, I just cant see it. I dont care how rare it is, its just a damn gas cap and is not worth $600.00 to $1200.00. I would rather run without one, just find something else to fill the hole.

Skline,

It all depends on your perception of the world at large.
If you have a real 906, $599.00 is a steal.

Just my 02 cents cool.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 16 2005, 06:41 PM)
I would rather run without one, just find something else to fill the hole.

and that's why you drive the ugly car ...

biggrin.gif Andy

But he drives it, it runs unlike some of the pretty cars (alleged ) in the club....Fugly car drivers unite...cast off your shackles....and drive... finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif Jim tabor owner of a "car of many colors"
davep
What I find interesting is that there are no holes in the grip like so many you see for sale.
North Bay 914
I had the oppurtunity to see my first real 908/3 last week, it had this same cap. There are many variations. Replicas that I make are modeled after the most common ones seen. I have some pics of the early 906 race cars, which show handles with no holes, but for the most part, the holes are the norm, 356 GT all the way to 917. The same guy has sold two of the original ones, the first was over $700.00. Here is the link to the one that was on German e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7951315621
redshift
I make tinfoil 914 club hats, and gas caps. The set is $99.99 plus S&H.

PM me if you are interested.

I will have a picture available later.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.