Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CANCELLATION OF THE G&R SWAP MEET
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SLITS
THIS IS OFFICIAL CANCELLATION OF THE G&R ALL 914 RUSTY PARTS SWAP MEET AND ANIMAL FLESH ROASTING FESTIVAL.

The idiotic General Manager showed up today to cause a shit pile of trouble. He even called the Cops to claim we were trespassing.

Now, the swap meet will be held at Bruce Stone's facility if he can pull it off. It may be moved to the middle of May but he said he would try to hold it on the same date.

It has been fun for the last 15 or so years, but there is little I can do about it except remember the good times.

Sorry friends ... this is all I have to say.
sb914
Sad day,I was looking forward again. sorry
bdstone914
I'm all for carrying on a fine event at my place. Many of you have been there. In Riverside at 10000 Indiana Ave unit 9. Have to check with the nice Austrian landlord but i don't think it will be a problem. We have lots of room and easy access just off the 91 freeway. Don't think i can pull it off on the sane date with such short notice.
Please provide feedback on May 10 as a possible date. And yes Elloit i will even allow vegan chile.
ripper911
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 19 2015, 06:33 PM) *

vegan chile.

confused24.gif

Oh... Like the second half of this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evt9dCQ-saM
914_teener
sad.gif Wow.

Lots of memories there...thanks Ron and Glenn...that sure blows.

Hang in there Ron.....what an *****hole.
76-914
Well Horse Feathers. I say we keep the name and move the event to Bruce's place, if'n we can. G&R is bigger than that AssHat GM of yours, Ron. It will live on despite him and "to despite" his ass. Tell him that we've been Kicked Out of better places than his dive. I wasn't going to be able to swing this one anyway. sad.gif
bdstone914
Ok but i may want to get some recognition. Maybe call it the BS and R&G swap meet.
curtis
Well that FUCHING sucks! Hirschel and I were looking forward to this event...sorry Ron about your run-in with that .....(fill in the blank)it will work out in the end though.
Mike Bellis
Somebody better tell Eliott. I'm sure he is sitting in the parking lot already, waiting... poke.gif
76-914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 19 2015, 04:43 PM) *

Ok but i may want to get some recognition. Maybe call it the BS and R&G swap meet.

The "BS" was always in the Title. It's just that it is understood. lol-2.gif Listen Bruce, I'll need you to start saving some of that "left over" cleaning and plating stuff if you expect me to make any Veggie Chili. Another thing; that Vegan Chile makes Elyut as mean as Hell. He tried to throw a bowl on me last time. He cannot handle his Chili. stirthepot.gif
EdwardBlume
Mean people suck.
Steve
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 19 2015, 03:18 PM) *

THIS IS OFFICIAL CANCELLATION OF THE G&R ALL 914 RUSTY PARTS SWAP MEET AND ANIMAL FLESH ROASTING FESTIVAL.

The idiotic General Manager showed up today to cause a shit pile of trouble. He even called the Cops to claim we were trespassing.

Now, the swap meet will be held at Bruce Stone's facility if he can pull it off. It may be moved to the middle of May but he said he would try to hold it on the same date.

It has been fun for the last 15 or so years, but there is little I can do about it except remember the good times.

Wow!! That sucks!!! Do you have to get all your crap off of the premises?
Elliot Cannon
It hasn't been canceled, just relocated. I fully expect everyone to show up regardless of when and were. BE THERE. You think that chile made me mean when I ate it? You should have been with me an hour later!! av-943.gif
colingreene
Bruce, haven't i met your landlord?
euro911
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 19 2015, 03:18 PM) *

... and the GM is your nephew?

Trespassing? ... What a fucking dickhole! screwy.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(colingreene @ Apr 19 2015, 10:19 PM) *

Bruce, haven't i met your landlord?

Not to my knowledge. Nice older Austrian lady.
Socalandy
Sad to hear the news and thanks for all the years hosting the event and all the good times. Looking forward to an alternate venue to continue the swap!!!
bdstone914
Bump to the top.
colingreene
Then yes i have.
bdstone914
Bump
Old Yella
I love the G&R. But will attend where ever it is.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Old Yella @ Apr 23 2015, 11:36 PM) *

I love the G&R. But will attend where ever it is.

Bump. Trying to have it at my shop if I can get insurance coverage required by the landlord.

Bruce
xsurfer
Where ever it goes it will be G&R Swap Meet.

Thanks Bruce for stepping up!

You can't pick your family Ron.
Larmo63
Call it the G & R & B.
RFoulds
Is it on? Need to make plans.
MoveQik
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Apr 27 2015, 07:34 AM) *

I think I can make this one...so hopefully it is!
MATCHBOX914

ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif blowtorch.gif
76-914
Ron, I still say we should drop your nephew off at "The Blue Oyster Bar" so he can make sone new friends. happy11.gif
Elliot Cannon

Bruce Stone is working on it. Apparently some liability issues involved. (Isn't there always). dry.gif Don't give up on the G&R just yet.
euro911
I sent Bruce the contact info for our agent yesterday - hopefully he'll be able to get a policy in time for the May date confused24.gif
Ben and Ralph
Fingers crossed!
Elliot Cannon
icon_bump.gif Any word on if and when?
MoveQik
icon_bump.gif Go or no-go?
914_teener
Mike.....

I talked to Bruce yesterday, he said it MIGHT be in June...first week of June. Insurance costs are still up in the air.

Bruce will chime in I'm sure.

Rob
sb914
QUOTE(914_teener @ May 9 2015, 10:55 AM) *

Mike.....

I talked to Bruce yesterday, he said it MIGHT be in June...first week of June. Insurance costs are still up in the air.

Bruce will chime in I'm sure.

Rob

Wondering confused24.gif any word yet?
forrestkhaag
I suggest a nominal "voluntary entry fee" of around ten measly bucks per participant to collectively pay for the event's insurance costs / this burden should not fall on Bruce's shoulders to carry this event to success. Think of it this way: If you make one good swap at the event, you saved the shipping costs (of over ten bucks most likely) and you also had a great time in the reunion of the 914 crowd. Do we remember the costs to do the Phoenix event / albeit, a much more complex event?

In addition to any entry fee sought, I will volunteer a good sized ice chest packed with beverages for any takers - this, as my passenger seat will have ample room for a 120lb "occupant" for the short drive to Riverside. Others could suggest ways to assist in making this thing happen. beerchug.gif

euro911
Hell, I have to carry a liability insurance policy 365 days a year ... maybe I should sponsor a swap meet to help cover MY costs happy11.gif
whitetwinturbo
Here's a little something we should drop off for that mean guy on the way to the new site .... post-2-1117899824.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.