Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Compression test
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
last337
So I have the motor all cleaned up and Im at a crossroads whether I go ahead and break it down or not. I wasnt really planning on getting this deep into it but now I am wondering what to do since I never did a compression test before I took it out etc. A compression test turning it by hand doesnt really result in anything.
Mblizzard
If the trans is still attached you can still do the test with the starter.
tomeric914
You could do a leakdown test with the engine out of the car. Somewhat easier in that you can lock the flywheel firmly in place with the engine out.
last337
Unfortunately I didnt really know what I was doing when I took the engine out and pulled the flywheel off. I am planning to put it back on and learn that process of checking engine play. I think at this point I am about at point of just wanting to go through learning process of putting tin back on, fixing every other bolt that broke when removing the engine, fixing bad wiring, and putting it back in and just see where I end up. I know that may not be the best option but I know that whatever the result, I will definitely be much more comfortable dropping the engine when it comes time for a full rebuild. Any other advice?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.