Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RELOCATION OF THE G & R SWAP MEET
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
Due to management issues at Ron's company the swap meet will not be held there as planned for the 26th of April.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=253819

PLEASE TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW THAT IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AS SCHEDULED.

I have offered to host it at my shop which is at the other end of Riverside. Have to get approval from the land lord but do not like that will be an issue.

We are looking at May 10 or May 17. Input is welcome. The 10th would be the weekend after the WCR and may be to much for those who plan to attend both.

We have plenty of swap and car parking space. We will continue the tradition of a free swap meet with $5 donation for food.

Who knows, maybe Ron will even contribute with his wit and humorous in this thread.

All Porsche's are welcome even the ass dragger parts cars. Even Caymans but don't complain if you are ridiculed.
Mike Bellis
I wish this event was in Northern California. Never the less, I hope to make it some day.

Good luck with the new location.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 19 2015, 07:04 PM) *

I wish this event was in Northern California. Never the less, I hope to make it some day.

I have heard that many 914's are able to travel from northern to southern California. poke.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 19 2015, 06:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 19 2015, 07:04 PM) *

I have heard that many 914's are able to travel from northern to southern California. poke.gif

Ha! They would have to run to do that! WTF.gif
Elliot Cannon
The tenth is Mothers Day. Be that as it may, I will definitely be there. Publish the address as soon as you can finalize everything. I'm glad this will still be happening. It's always a great time. Thanks Bruce.
Steve
Better for Bruce anyway!! Since he won't have to lug his parts over to G&R I expect we will see more parts for sale and a bigger selection!! smile.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 19 2015, 08:33 PM) *

The tenth is Mothers Day. Be that as it may, I will definitely be there. Publish the address as soon as you can finalize everything. I'm glad this will still be happening. It's always a great time. Thanks Bruce.

Thanks for pointing out the 10th as mother's day. Makes the 17th look like a better date. But come a week early. I have a couch at the shop.

Bruce
bdstone914
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 19 2015, 08:44 PM) *

Better for Bruce anyway!! Since he won't have to lug his parts over to G&R I expect we will see more parts for sale and a bigger selection!! smile.gif

That right. Almost all the parts i have will be there. Except for the full garage and for parts cars.
oldschool
OK should we change the t-shirt design but keep the G&R name.happy11.gif .......Or keep?
bdstone914
QUOTE(oldschool @ Apr 19 2015, 09:01 PM) *

OK should we change the t-shirt design but keep the G&R name.happy11.gif .......Or keep?

I say keep the same.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 19 2015, 08:55 PM) *

Thanks for pointing out the 10th as mother's day. Makes the 17th look like a better date. But come a week early. I have a couch at the shop.

Bruce

So, it's the 17th then right? biggrin.gif
euro911
Good deal, Bruce thumb3d.gif

I'll pencil it in on the calendar.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 19 2015, 10:06 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 19 2015, 08:55 PM) *

Bruce

So, it's the 17th then right? biggrin.gif

I need to get the ok from the landlord and make sure it does not conflict with and other event. But the 17th looks good.
Socalandy
Thanks for keeping this going Bruce!!! first.gif

I cant make it on the 17th but sure it will be great.
Heeltoe914
I am good for the 17th. I will be on site at 620 am. I will Donate 3 dozen Donuts to the event for you keeping the Event alive. Thanks Bstone914.

HUMMMMM Anybody know where I can get 3 dozen Donuts at 5;45 am in riverside?????

WCR 2015 IS HERE STILL ROOM FOR YOU TO JUMP IN WITH THE GANG FOR THIS GREAT WEEKEND...
Elliot Cannon
I cannot phuqing believe this but I have just been informed by my Secretary of Defense and Entertainment that we will be gone that weekend. I should have kept my mouth shut about the whole Mothers Day thing. Oh well. The first G & R at a new venue and I have to miss it. PHUQ!! headbang.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Apr 20 2015, 09:51 AM) *

I am good for the 17th. I will be on site at 620 am. I will Donate 3 dozen Donuts to the event for you keeping the Event alive. Thanks Bstone914.

HUMMMMM Anybody know where I can get 3 dozen Donuts at 5;45 am in riverside?????

WCR 2015 IS HERE STILL ROOM FOR YOU TO JUMP IN WITH THE GANG FOR THIS GREAT WEEKEND...

Yes there is a good donut shop one mile from the shop.
Will get you the address.
This includes is one swap meet that i will be there before you. Ha!
bdstone914
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Apr 20 2015, 09:51 AM) *

Yes there is a good donut shop one mile from the shop.
Will get you the address.
This includes is one swap meet that i will be there before you. Ha!
RFoulds
I can make the 17th. I have a few parts to sell, looking for the next project car. I told Slits I might even buy that ugly Chalon car. biggrin.gif
Old Yella
Probably saved my marriage by changing the date, thanks
r_towle
Now, in honor of SLITS, you need a throne for him to sit and throw out insults.
Elliot Cannon
Nah! SLITS is actually a sweetheart of a guy. Look at this pic. Note that he is holding up two fingers in the shape of a "V". From what I remember from the 60's that means something good. smoke.gif
euro911
IIRC, what he said was "that's two, Elliot … don't make it three"

poke.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 20 2015, 09:21 PM) *

idea.gif

And whom shall donate the seat? Anyone.....Anyone?
bdstone914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 21 2015, 11:57 AM) *

idea.gif

I have one in the bathroom that should be appropriate.
forrestkhaag
I'm in / once the address is confirmed

sounds like a good time for all beerchug.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 21 2015, 03:17 PM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 21 2015, 11:57 AM) *

idea.gif

I have one in the bathroom that should be appropriate.

laugh.gif yes.....It is a single seater.
pete000
Any word on location?
bdstone914
QUOTE(pete000 @ Apr 23 2015, 01:12 PM) *

Any word on location?

If i can pull it off it will be at my shop at 10000 Indiana Ave unit 9 Riverside.
Only hang up is the landlord want me to gave special event liability insurance. Have one quote and need more. Anyone who has business liability insurance and can offer their agents name or other suggestions will be appreciated.
Bruce
euro911
My insurance guy is down here in the South Bay, but I'll PM you his #.

Don't you already have liability insurance? ... our landlord required that we have a policy as part of our lease agreement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.