Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now where's that part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Thought I'd finish up the windshield wipers. Now where did i put the nuts and washers.
I know I had them. Garage is much more organized now. Threw out lots of stuff I should
never kept. Storage unit is cleaner too. The drawers in the spare bedroom needed a cleaning out too....Done

Still no nuts!

If I order some, they'll come out of hiding
mr914
Same thing happened to me a few years ago.

Lost the wedge pins that connected early struts to ball joints...

Cleaned the garage for hours, and again the second day...

Shop did need some cleaning and sorting....

Found them in the auxiliary change bowl. You know, the primary one is the one the daily change goes into. The aux one is the one that you unload the garage pants go into...

Other thing to check is winter coats...

Unless it's been a few years confused24.gif

Cleaning the stash every few years is a good thing. Still finding things that I wonder why I kept it. blink.gif

Just my 2 cents
euro911
It's always a PITA looking for stuff that I've misplaced headbang.gif

Parts could have been stored in a known location for years (even decades), but one day I decided to move them somewhere else blink.gif ... then spend a lot of time looking in places that I know for sure they aren't screwy.gif

Sometimes I just give up and buy new (or used as needed) shades.gif

... then 3 weeks later, I find the 'lost' ones laugh.gif
stinkindiesel
I can top that. This spring, I was working in the garage with my glasses on. I don't usually wear them for close work, so at some point during the day I took them off and set them aside. The next day, I couldn't find them anywhere. 6 weeks later, and they still haven't turned up. The garage is now completely clean and organized, but still no glasses. Somehow, they must have ended up in the trash that went out before I realized they were missing. $500 mistake...

Gary
BeatNavy
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 20 2015, 03:23 AM) *

Sometimes I just give up and buy new (or used as needed) shades.gif

... then 3 weeks later, I find the 'lost' ones laugh.gif

Barrel nuts. Damn barrel nuts. I was putting the heater components back on this weekend and realized I couldn't find the damn barrel nuts. I know I put them somewhere where I wouldn't lose them. And.....of course I did. New ones on order, and I'll find the old ones about an hour after the new ones arrive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.