Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It was a nice day in SoCal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
The forecast was for mostly cloudy with scattered showers, like usual, they were wrong. I took the top off the car today and went cruising around. Picked up a Free fiberglass front bumper (Thanks Steve) for the whitesoontobeYellow car. Also went out and picked up some paint stripper so I can start working on changing the color of this car. It was an awesome day, mostly sunny and warm around 74. Sorry to all you snowed in, back east and midwest colder than hell guys that dont live here!

biggrin.gif
muddboy
yes I drove the car today.... and yes I had the top off as I went to lunch. It was a gorgeous day today.
Elliot_Cannon
I didn't drive the 914 today but as I was walking down Lake Forest Blvd. around noon I saw a gorgeous yellow 914. It sounded like a six but I'm not sure. Was it anybody on this forum? Just after noon in Lake Forest, Ca. Anybody?
Cheers, Elliot
Aaron Cox
went for a short drive.....

im stoked.... 1 class tomorrow, and no classes on friday.
Series9
Yes, definitely a nice day in SoCal.

I walked down to Venice to enjoy some lunch while watching the, ummm, interesting people. unsure.gif

skline
Well, all you SoCal boys, if you didnt get out today, it may not be till next weekend when you get to drive again with the top off. The forecast again says RAIN. All the way till next Thursday. dry.gif
KaptKaos
I didn't drive, but saw lots of eye candy today - nice weather brings out the hotties
MattR
I drove the 912 today smile.gif

In the I5 parking lot sad.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 16 2005, 11:07 PM)

Whats a 912R?

skline
The R stands for Rust, so its a 912 Rusty
Hammy
Was going to go for a drive.. but it's in the shop sad.gif getting calipers rebuilt. Ready tomorrow though smile.gif
Brando
I most certainly did drive the teener with the top off today. was awesome.
MattR
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 16 2005, 11:13 PM)
The R stands for Rust, so its a 912 Rusty

What are you smoking? This is california, home of the RUST FREE cars

biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Brando @ Feb 17 2005, 12:46 AM)
I most certainly did drive the teener with the top off today. was awesome.

did you run over your top again???? laugh.gif
Dr Evil
DRIVE my car? Are you kidding? No way, it is in the back yard where it belongs wink.gif I rode all over the place on my Motorcycle today. Without a jacket. It was nice. Now I am getting ready for my yard to flood like back in the biblical times :insert Noah's ark smiley here: dry.gif
MattR
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Feb 16 2005, 11:10 PM)
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 16 2005, 11:07 PM)

Whats a 912R?

My 67 912 is going to get some 911R parts. Basically a 911R replica with a 4 banger (shut up aaron and scott... biggrin.gif)

user posted image

Some day my 912 will look like that, but with no hole in the hood, steel wheels instead of fuchs, and painted dark blue with white side script.

The 914 takes priority now though, so dont expect results for a while.
ThinAir
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 17 2005, 08:09 PM)
Some day my 912 will look like that...

I'm not that familiar with 911/912 body styles, but WOW I like the way that looks. I think it's the body color bumpers as well as the style of the rear flares on this one that just looks right.

My main teener is still holding down jackstands - engine assembly restarts this weekend! In the meantime, I drove the 70 to work as usual. It was cloudy here all day in advance of the storm that's about to hit CA and then head our way. It's my daily driver as long as it's not snowing or icy. Whenever I've driven the Honda for a few days it sure feels good when I get back in the teener!
MattR
Thanks. The stock bumper guards really clutter things up. I think the R simplifies the front a lot, and it doesnt have the ugly RS oil cooler like most 911s. The flares in the reare are 7" and I probably wont get them because im on a budget (flares = new wheels = fuchs = $$$ for the right size), but it will look very similar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.