Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OBX header wanted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
vinniedatorch
I understood many of these were made and sold by OBX but there have been many problems with fit and rotation of head attachment tubes. That being said if anyone has one that couldn't use I would like to buy as I'm building a 2.6 FAT for a 912 project and could use all the material to build my own version of a header for a rear engine car. Thanks for reading. bye1.gif
ChrisFoley
I'm pretty sure that would be a poor starting point for your project.
A 2.6L Type 4 should have 1 3/4" primaries, maybe bigger.
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Apr 21 2015, 10:09 AM) *

Yes, I thought I might need more room to breathe but the exhaust port connections are a good place to begin to build a one off header for my project. I'm hoping to find the OBX because its stainless and I don't believe anyone had any luck getting one to fit without cutting it apart. this header will be going in a rear engine 912 w/2.6 FAT so I'll be chopping it up for material to suit my build. keep the comments coming hopefully someone will have one or two of these catastrophic failures laying around. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Apr 21 2015, 10:09 AM) *

+1
OBX= 1.5" od tube size , too small+ restricting.
Basically after you spend hours on the band saw, mig welder and surfacing wheel...you will still be choking that 2.6 exhaust flow; like morning traffic in L.A. headbang.gif
Marty
vinniedatorch
thank you both for the tech help, I dug through garage and found two 1 3/4" VW raw headers that I can use for bends and am sourcing out a set of type 4 flanged connections for the heads and can build from those. Anyone out ther have a set of flanges I need a place to start. something like the link shows but for 1 3/4".

http://www.lowbugget.com/flanges3.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.