Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CAD pattern for the dashboard?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
Anyone have a CAD or other pattern for the dashboard? I'm going to redo mine this summer and I want to make a wood dash. But I need a pattern.

Zach
76-914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 20 2015, 04:57 PM) *

Anyone have a CAD or other pattern for the dashboard? I'm going to redo mine this summer and I want to make a wood dash. But I need a pattern.

Zach

If your unable to locate one don't fret. The width is continuous (3.5" IIRC) except at the steering wheel where it needs very slight dip. Hold the piece against the dash and mark the hole locations from the back. Then drill out these areas but much smaller than actual size. Now place it back upon the dash and use a air grinder w/ a rotary file to enlarge the holes to the true size. The metal holes in the dash will serve as a guide for the rotary file. You'll should use 2 different files. I used a 1" and a 1/4" file. Mine is aluminum but wood should file as easily. beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
Brilliant! Much thanks!
Johny Blackstain
Zach- cardboard is your friend. Take everything off the dash & make a cardboard template. Cut, shape, round, drill & mark the cardboard so it fits exactly how you want it & then transfer to the wood you want to use. It will also help if the cardboard is approximately the same thickness as the wood you want to use. Should make life a lot easier. smile.gif
scotty b
dry.gif
bulitt
QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 21 2015, 01:50 PM) *

dry.gif

Why is your tape only extended 3" confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.