Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keep Porsche tranny or move to subie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stacks914
Was wondering what you would all do as subaru low mileage engines are plentifu,l complete assembled, with transmissions. Would you keep 901 or just swap it out now knowing that power is addictive and will need to be addressed at somepoint.?? Advise please. Thank you!
colingreene
are you asking this from the standpoint of you already have a subaru motor or?
I guess if you already went to the trouble to put a subaru motor in the car its sort of pointless to not have the trans to go with. its geared to the motor and stronger and will shift better.
If i had a type 4 (I do) Or a 911 motor (I likely will)
Id keep my 901....
If i wanted to get stupid id put a boxster 6 speed behind a 911 motor but really, i doubt id do that.
mgp4591
I've only driven one Suby powered 914 with a Suby trans and it feels just as smooth as any well engineered Japanese manual transmission should. The 901 just can't compete (in my thinking) with the positive action of a more modern trans.
Good luck with you decision!
mepstein
Go all in biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
There really is no reason not to put the Scoob transmission in. Its a better box all around.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.