Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Help with Weber/EMPI Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Hello All:

I am in receipt of my newly built 2.2L from TVX Performance in Dallas and I have a question or two as I am new to Weber and/or EMPI carbs - my 356 experience was with Zenith and Solex so some of this going away from FI is new territory for me on my second 914.

The engine arrived on a palate and was sporting a pair of new two-barrel carbs (see pix) and nowhere on them is anything referring to Weber but in several places the stampings say "EMPI" and 40 HPMX on the base and the numerals 0906-1 on the opposite barrel bottom.

My question is simple................ (maybe simpler if we speak in Chinese verses Italian or Spanish)......... Is this pair of two-barrel carbs in any way "a Weber" carb?
Or, as represented in the build sheet, a "Weber/EMPI" ?

Thanks for the sage advice and for the input / We are looking forward to seeing some more great rides at the WCR (in my bone stock FI 914.....)

Forrest beerchug.gif
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
DBCooper
They're a copy of Weber 40mm IDF's, so any instructions/reference/parts are interchangeable with the IDF's.

Kansas 914
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Apr 21 2015, 10:38 AM) *

They're a copy of Weber 40mm IDF's, so any instructions/reference/parts are interchangeable with the IDF's.

I currently have 40mm EMPI's on my 2143cc car while the Italian Webers get rebuilt and they perform pretty well.

I had read recently that Jake Raby prefers them over new Webers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.