Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone convert early fog lights to use H3 55w bulbs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geezer914
Is there a way to convert early fog lights to use H3 55w bulbs? headbang.gif
VaccaRabite
Why not just mount Pilot lghts in there?
Zach
iamchappy
i did, i will look to see if i have any pictures.. I am sure i went with higher watt builds too.
jfort
I put the Pilot lights in there. They are great. I get "flicked" by on-coming drivers but I don't care. I can see and they can see me.
r_towle
QUOTE(jfort @ Apr 22 2015, 11:50 AM) *

I put the Pilot lights in there. They are great. I get "flicked" by on-coming drivers but I don't care. I can see and they can see me.

well, as one of the people on the road that has a hard time with lights in my eyes, you are risking me hitting you head on.

Aim your driving lights properly...if you get flashed by oncoming cars then your lights are way too high.

Your lights are what.....10 inches off the ground and the drivers head is about 3 feet off the ground....

Aim the lights....not smart to blind an oncoming car.

not to mention, driving lights are supposed to be aimed below the low beam to give you close up clarity....they are not replacement for your headlights.

Rich
Geezer914
Don't like the look of the Pilot ligts. Looking for ideas on how to modify the original bulb socket to accept the H3 55w bulbs.
Cairo94507
I too would prefer to remain with a stock looking light - but would love for it to be LED.....any ideas????
zipedadoo
I modified mine. I'll try and take come pics latter today.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Apr 22 2015, 04:36 AM) *

Is there a way to convert early fog lights to use H3 55w bulbs? headbang.gif

Rich Johnson sells an adapter. I have them. My first impression was, "What? I paid how much for just this little thing?" Then once I really looked them over, and started putting them together, I realized that a lot of thought went into that "little thing".

They work well. I think I remember that plugging one wire in was not completely trivial, but that it only took a minute to figure out.

--DD
Geezer914
Is he a vendor on this site?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 23 2015, 06:11 AM) *

I too would prefer to remain with a stock looking light - but would love for it to be LED.....any ideas????

Most commercial LED options are crappy for retrofits. If you don't mind less lumins and poor refraction angle... Go for it.
Cairo94507
Hi Mike- So I guess you are recommending I keep the stock fool lights.......
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 23 2015, 08:18 PM) *

Hi Mike- So I guess you are recommending I keep the stock fool lights.......

Or, buy purpose built LED driving lights.
Cairo94507
If I could find a purpose built LED driving light that fit the stock location/grills- that would be the ticket biggrin.gif

Yeah, I don't want much - I know.....
mepstein
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 24 2015, 09:10 AM) *

If I could find a purpose built LED driving light that fit the stock location/grills- that would be the ticket biggrin.gif

Let me know when you find one. I'm in.
eric9144
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 24 2015, 06:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 24 2015, 09:10 AM) *

Let me know when you find one. I'm in.

Me too...still on the quest... The comment about $hitty retrofits is right on, you generally see really poor lumen output on them making it not really worth doing...
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Apr 23 2015, 04:56 PM) *

Is he a vendor on this site?

Look for member "A914GUY" in the Classified section.

--DD
Mike Bellis
Lots to choose from. What size are they?

https://www.google.com/search?q=led+driving...mp;ved=0CGQQsAQ
Cairo94507
Hi Mike- The lens is 110mm or 4.33". I am looking for a set of LED lights that will not scream "I am an LED" until they are turned on....Again, not wanting much blink.gif
Michael
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.