Full Version: New Steering Wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
My new wheel,,, whatcha think? tongue.gif
ChrisReale
Looks good beer.gif
Jeroen
Nice!
Give more details (brand, price, seller, blah, blah)

cheers,

Jeroen
jonwatts
size?

I've been wanting to see a 320mm wheel on a 914 instead of the 350.

Jon
campbellcj
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Jan 26 2003, 02:00 PM)
size?

I've been wanting to see a 320mm wheel on a 914 instead of the 350.

Jon

Jon, this is a 320mm Momo Monte Carlo. I liked the wheel a lot. You can't see the gauges much, but the extra knee and elbow clearance is sweet. Sorry for the crappy pic; this was years ago on a low rez digicam.
jonwatts
Thanks Chris. I'm not sure what I was hoping for. I know from driving with my 350mm Monte Carlo that I didn't like cruising down the highway "somewhere" between 60 and 90 MPH. Then again 914 speedo's are so poorly calibrated that I'm not sure it matters anyway.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go make sure my car isn't on fire. Damn Raiders.

Jon
campbellcj
Honestly the gauge visibility is better than the pic implies. It was shot down thru the (removed) top I believe. Still, you have to rotate the speedo and possibly other gauges too, even with the 350mm wheels, in order to see the important segments. I have the speedo in my current car rotated so I can just barely see up to the 90mph mark. Beyond that I have to move my head.
Jeroen
Like Chris saiz... if the wheel obscures the view of your gauges, rotate 'em. Works like a charm.

If you need more leg clearance, consider a wheelspacer

Cheers,

Jeroen
Rouser
It's an APC steering wheel:
IPB Image

Was it any trouble to install? Wasn't sure if APC made a 914 adapter for it. I guess they do ...

IPB Image
StratPlayer
Ok heres the deal with the wheel I installed, not the wheel in the above mentioned post, the wheel is made by Street Speed Gear,,,(SSG japan), the sizes of these wheels range from 320mm (which is the wheel I have) to 360mm.
I bought this wheel off of e-bay when this guy first came out with these wheels, I got it for 119.00 came with the porsche logo horn button, I used a Momo hub and it installed rather nicely. I sent the guy who sold me this wheel same pic. I posted,, he sent me an extra porsche logo horn button for just the cost of shipping. I'm posting a picture of a similiar wheel he's now selling on e-bay,, looks like he's selling the hub and all now. So that the skinny on this steering wheel. He sent me an e-mail he's going to have his own web site up and running soon, so I guess you can check out what he has to offer once his site is up and running. Site will be 9works.net.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.