Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need new plug wires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Been driving me crazy the last few weeks. We can gather some serious humidity around here. Not to mention fog and rain. So when it is wet the car runs like shit.;. Just had a front go through last night and now it is dry and the car never ran better.
Little light bulb came on in my head said "hey dumb ass change the wires"

So now we start the thread what are good wires. I am running 44IDF's and a Compufire inside a .009 I have no radio so suppression wires are not required. Looking at MSD big honkin wires. and not running phenolic end just regular American plug connectors both ends.

What do ya'll think?
d914
I just put these in. look nice but 1 and 2 wires are alittle tight in length.

http://www.aircooled.net./new-bin/viewprod...IGW0005&cartid=
Joe Ricard
DAPO had some type of solid core wire on the motor with American ends at the plug. with air seals rigged up.
I being the wannabe purist cut the end off and put the phenolic screw on ends with good air seal a the tin. It was too late once I realized that the Phenolic ends have a resistance through them. Now who's the DA. Because the ignition seems very finicky to moisture now.

Ok been awhile since I played with trons. will I get better spark with solid core and no resistors in the cables and coonectors? Running flame thrower petronics coil also.
Joe Bob
Magnacor.....cut to length and use the old ends....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.