914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
Ebay Car

Love the spare.
KaptKaos
Here's another. Where is this one? wink.gif

Somewherenorthofhere
SLITS
Leave the first one in storage and buy the second one (but it's a '76....can you say SMOG TEST!!
skline
Its a Chalon!! With a 1.7 liter in it, crappy paint job and body work but it does have potential. Pull the little motor out and put in a 6 or an 8 and you might have a good fast car, like mine smile.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 17 2005, 08:52 AM)
Leave the first one in storage and buy the second one (but it's a '76....can you say SMOG TEST!!

No....but you could say...extra VIN plate....
skline
I like the yellow one too but Slits is right, SMOG test yearly.
SLITS
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 17 2005, 09:54 AM)
Its a Chalon!! With a 1.7 liter in it, crappy paint job and body work but it does have potential. Pull the little motor out and put in a 6 or an 8 and you might have a good fast car, like mine smile.gif

lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif
skline
Laugh it up funny boy, its not even done and its faster than yours!! biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (mikez @ Feb 17 2005, 09:57 AM)

Now there's a goobermunt werker for ya.....enforces the laws of the land made by left leaning dope smokers until it comes to them...then all rules are off!!
Joe Bob
The 73 Chalon is worth a few bucks....no more than 1500. It claims to have 911 brakes....it does have five lug wheels....definite project.

The 76 is right up Craig's alley....doesn't look like a bad body. $3500 is a bit much though....
SLITS
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 17 2005, 10:04 AM)
Laugh it up funny boy, its not even done and its faster than yours!! biggrin.gif

Planning on racing in the garage? burnout.gif

Did ya change the struts so da wheels stay on?
Joe Bob
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 17 2005, 09:05 AM)
QUOTE (mikez @ Feb 17 2005, 09:57 AM)

Now there's a goobermunt werker for ya.....enforces the laws of the land made by left leaning dope smokers until it comes to them...then all rules are off!!

Well if ya wanna get into a philosohical/literal argument on the subject....the current law says....the Model year or build date whichever is older determines the smog applicability.....

Since the 76 914s were ALL built in 75....DMV is wrong in requiring them to be smogged....convincing them of that is another matter....as to my suggesting VIN switching ...I implied "YOU" could do that ....not me....
SLITS
Damn Mikey, yoose have lost yer sense of jumor.......i waz waitin fer da flame.....and I tried the build date with the DMV. I gueees all dem goobermunt types ain't as compassionate as you.
Joe Bob
I still have my sense of humor...it's the only thing that keeps me sane/less insane®.

Anywho....I lobbied very strongly against the law cahnge....the law is stoopid and is full of holes that should be able to exempt 76 vehicles based on build dates. The DMV in it's typical bullheaded way is not seeing the reg as "I" read it.

I have a buddy with a 76 930..build date of 9/75....he's screwed...he was palnning on putting a fire breathing turbo motor, twin plug and 500+ hp....can't now.
boxstr
If anyone here is interested in the yellow 76 in Lo I can give you a eyeball appraisal, as can Jim Chambers. We have both looked at the car and Mike Z is correct.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4528905890&rd=1
A friend went and looked at it earlier when it was first on craigslist. He made the seller an offer of $2500. Not accepted, he told the seller that I would offer the same after I had seen it.
CCLINSUNNYCAMP914
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.