Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Tropical Ramble IV Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Series9
There it is.

Tell me you're coming! It's my last hurrah before daddydom.

Jenny will be 8 months and tending bar! beerchug.gif

Attending:

Me
Jenny
John
Verena
TC
Brian +
Chads
Paul
Kenny
George
Tuma
ThePaintedMan
Will be there. cheer.gif
KENNY
I am in
Ansbacher
Where is the who, what, when, where, why, and how of this event? I fished around the net but came up with nothing. I am in Pinellas and would consider it if I had some details. Thanks.

Ansbacher
'74 2.0L White
URY914
Calender is marked. beerchug.gif
chads74
I'll be there
Series9
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Apr 23 2015, 01:27 PM) *

Where is the who, what, when, where, why, and how of this event? I fished around the net but came up with nothing. I am in Pinellas and would consider it if I had some details. Thanks.

Ansbacher
'74 2.0L White

Details will be coming, but it will basically be held in and around DeLand, FL on those dates in September.

Camping at Series 9 will be available. There will be a scenic drive, a boat day, good food, good beer and awards for cool stuff. You will get a Tshirt, embroidered work shirt, a boat ride, some food and some beer for $90.
no1uno
Lori and I will be there.

Have you considered a raffle for the O'baby naming rights?
bcheney

We are in!
URY914
We all need to bring a case of Pampers too.

(For the baby. Joe will need them later.)
Joe,I find your avatar"Lesbians Taste Like Chicken" Very disrespectful.I bet some Transgender folks are on the board to..Lets treat everyone In the 914 World the same..
Thanks,Alan
carr914
Alan, I find your lack of humor & you having to be PC very disrespectful. If your life is so f'd up that you need to a comment like that, I feel sorry for you.
Thanks, T.C.

Joe, I'll be at TR-4
T.C.
I knew I would get blasted for my comment..My post wasn't supposed to be humorous or disrespectful at all.I just wonder how can someone put that under there avatar in today's world.As for my life being F'd up It is not..
Thanks,Alan

QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 24 2015, 03:27 AM) *

Alan, I find your lack of humor & you having to be PC very disrespectful. If your life is so f'd up that you need to a comment like that, I feel sorry for you.
Thanks, T.C.

Joe, I'll be at TR-4

naro914
We had actually considered trying to go this year, but putting it the weekend immediately before Okteenerfest makes that impossible unfortunately. sad.gif

carr914
QUOTE(914 @ Apr 24 2015, 10:39 AM) *

T.C.
I knew I would get blasted for my comment..My post wasn't supposed to be humorous or disrespectful at all.I just wonder how can someone put that under there avatar in today's world.As for my life being F'd up It is not..
Thanks,Alan

QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 24 2015, 03:27 AM) *

Thanks, T.C.

Joe, I'll be at TR-4

I sincerly hope that you life is not F'd up. But I'm not PC. And quite frankly don"t care what someone sexuality is, I have way more important things to think about vs what goes on in someone's Bedroom. But everyone should have a sense of humor. All 4 of my sister's kid's are Gay and they can put with a Joke as good as anyone!
McMark
icon_bump.gif
FourBlades

Verena and I are in!

John
Series9
We are off to a good start here!

Alan, I thought you were joking about my avatar. Sorry you're upset, but I won't be changing it. I'm a big supporter of gay/equal rights and my gay friends think it's funny.

Now, moving on.....
tumamilhem
I plan to attend! BVD_racer will likely joing me.

driving.gif
Jetsetsurfshop
Ill be in Orlando at a trade show. Can I join you all for dinner one night?
Series9
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Apr 29 2015, 09:10 PM) *

Ill be in Orlando at a trade show. Can I join you all for dinner one night?

Of course. We are looking forward to meeting you.
Series9
Does anyone have any requests?

I like having the boat day. Do you?

Other stuff in the area you'd like to see included?

beerchug.gif
Series9
Okay, I'll take that silence as latitude to plan what I want...

smile.gif
carr914
Looks like I will not be able to make it - alternative plans, sorry
FourBlades

The boat party has always been fun, we like it!

Group dinner at a restaurant or group cook out at your shop, also fun.

Swap meet for people to bring parts.

An autocross would be cool but hard to arrange.

John
tooms351
Brilliant! I bet we could make a great road course out of that airport and business park.
ThePaintedMan
I would love an autocross. But if I remember from TR1, the airport wasn't really keen on it. No biggie. beerchug.gif
chads74
That sounds like fun, but I agree that it might be hard to coordinate.
tooms351
Oh didn't know it had been tried
I would still like to go, I sold the 914....maybe theres room for a mustang?
URY914
A parts sale would be good. And if you can't sell your parts you can just give them to Joe. biggrin.gif
Phoenix914
If I can't stop working on my minivan, my 914 will never be ready. sad.gif
rick 918-S
I'll have to miss this one Joe but I really want to go next year! Great part of the world with good people!
Series9
The AX is difficult, at best. This airport has had racing for years, but the city wants it gone, so they stopped fixing the pavement on that part of the airport and stopped giving new permits. Running an AX at a regular parking lot has become a prohibitive maze of insurance and expense, and that's if you can even get the owner to talk to you about it.

The problem I keep having putting on events, is that most people want to arrive late Friday and leave after breakfast on Sunday. It's tough to fit all the activities I would like to fit.

smile.gif
Series9
Just a quick bump to keep this near the top....

smile.gif
Series9
I'm very pleased to report that George Neill (The Painted Man) has volunteered to help with the TRIV.

This will take some load off of me and bring some fresh ideas to the table.

He has been tasked with maintaining this thread and keeping the discussion going.

Thanks George! beerchug.gif
ThePaintedMan
Hey guys and gals,
So here is the updated list of attendees so far, per this thread.

Joe
Jenny
John + Verena (FourBlades)
TC (carr914) - not attending?
Brian + Wife
Chads (chads74)
Paul (URY914)
Kenny (KENNY)
George
Tommy (Tumamilheim)
Jon and Lori (no1uno)
Shane (JetsetSurfShop)

Maybe Attending
? Joe (tooms351)
? Joe (ansbacher)

Hoping that the other usual suspects like Bill and Luz will chime in soon too.

For those of you haven't been there before, you should definitely plan to join us, at least for a day. Joe has turned Series9 into a really cool shop, obviously due to his own abilities, but in general, it's a fun place to hang out. The address is 1403 Flight Line Blvd Ste 10, Deland, FL 32724. Below is the link to the address on Google.

Series9 on Google

I'll try to dig up some pictures from TR1 and TR2, but if you guys have any, feel free to post them!
tooms351
Yes I would like to go, to bad we cant hold it the folllowing weekend as the runoffs start Monday the 21st.
billh1963
Put me down for a tentative. Not sure what I'll be driving...but, I would like to attend. Down to Florida for this and then to NC for Okteenerfest
URY914
Hey George,

Joe said he checked and it isn't going to rain that weekend. You OK with this? shades.gif
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 25 2015, 03:17 PM) *

Hey George,

Joe said he checked and it isn't going to rain that weekend. You OK with this? shades.gif

Not sure I follow Paul... but hey, it rained a ton at TRII and we still had a blast. I was actually proud to see some 914 owners who weren't freaking out just because their cars were getting rained on.
ThePaintedMan
75 days till TRIV!

Here's a few (admittedly not the best) pictures I dug up from the last one. I've got some video here too somewhere I'll dig up.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
ThePaintedMan
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ThePaintedMan
KENNY, you coming this year?

James?
billh1963
Do we had an updated attendee list? Also, any hotels with discounts?

Plan is to be driving this one....

Click to view attachment
KENNY
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jul 7 2015, 05:48 PM) *

KENNY, you coming this year?

James?

Yes aktion035.gif
I will be there
ThePaintedMan
Updated list of attendees:

Joe
Jenny
Brian (bcheney) + Wife
Chads (chads74)
Paul (URY914)
Kenny (KENNY)
George
Tommy (Tumamilheim)
Jon and Lori (no1uno)
Shane (JetsetSurfShop)
Bill (billh1963)

Maybe Attending
? Joe (tooms351)
? Joe (ansbacher)
? James (ellisor3)

Let me know if I missed anyone. piratenanner.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jul 15 2015, 08:41 AM) *

Updated list of attendees:

Joe
Jenny
Brian (bcheney) + Wife
Chads (chads74)
Paul (URY914)
Kenny (KENNY)
George
Tommy (Tumamilheim)
Jon and Lori (no1uno)
Shane (JetsetSurfShop)
Bill (billh1963)

Maybe Attending
? Joe (tooms351)
? Joe (ansbacher)
? James (ellisor3)

Let me know if I missed anyone. piratenanner.gif

George...do you have any hotels you can recommend?
URY914
There are a couple of hotels around the airport. Just google the "Deland airport hotels" and they should come up.
VRROOMM1
im going to try i will know closer to the time i may just stop by at nite and hang out like last time. both my 914s are down
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.