Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice GT Style Six from France
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nine_14

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/porsc...ORT&noec=1#

I used Google to translate the declaration of the owner.

porsche 914/6 (914/6 true)
3.2 programmable injection engine aac 964rs
Box 915 short 217km / 6900trs
fuchs 08/07/15
Brembo brakes front porsche 944 turbo discs Ø303mm
Brembo brakes boxster rear discs Ø280mm
arch Heigo
bumpers low fiber hoods boxes
carbon wings
bilstein shock
etc etc ..

And here another one.... Not a real Six, but a nice build.

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/porsc...PORT&noec=1

What does the comunity think about the pricing of those 2 examples ?

db9146
The price on the orange 914-6 seems much more "reasonable" than the price on the -4 if you are comparing these. But I suspect the bigger question is whether or not the orange car (being a real -6) is worth the money given that it doesn't have the original engine/trans (a negative) but does have the larger engine and later trans (a plus). 45K Euros doesn't seem that out of line with what other -6s have been going with the present conversion rate ($ to E) for "IF" you value the performance over originality....to each their own.

IMHO.
Big Len
Yellow one looks like Shea's car.
johannes
In France, a 110HP original six would sell for more than the upgraded car.
horizontally-opposed
70,000 Euros for a conversion car? Seems awfully steep, even with top original 914-6s playing to either side of $100,000 these days.

I was thinking the best conversion cars might be $35,000 to $50,000 (gulp)—or about half the price of a real six—to the right buyer these days, but maybe I am off?

pete
ConeDodger
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 23 2015, 11:46 AM) *

70,000 Euros for a conversion car? Seems awfully steep, even with top original 914-6s playing to either side of $100,000 these days.

I was thinking the best conversion cars might be $35,000 to $50,000 (gulp)—or about half the price of a real six—to the right buyer these days, but maybe I am off?

pete

A well qualified buyer (owns a 918, Cayman GT4, GT3, etc...) has offered me a Cayenne Hybrid for my conversion. I'd guess that to be in the $70k range used? He really likes my car!
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 23 2015, 10:51 PM) *

pete

A well qualified buyer (owns a 918, Cayman GT4, GT3, etc...) has offered me a Cayenne Hybrid for my conversion. I'd guess that to be in the $70k range used? He really likes my car!

That's wild—but your car is really nice, Rob.

I guess that well qualified buyer is no idiot. You can always just go buy another Cayenne Hybrid—but building a car like yours on a checkbook is probably a $70,000-100,000+ proposition, and that doesn't account for time, hassle, and risk.

When I started my conversion, I figured my car was worth $12k at best to the right buyer, maybe $15k. And that, after it was converted, it might be worth $3k more. That was in 2010. Last time I was at an R Gruppe meet, one of those cats—this one beyond well qualified—asked me what I thought my (still unfinished) car was worth in this market. I guessed maybe $35k when finished and sorted. He quietly said, "At least," and I got the sense he was ready to write a check but knew better because I've had the car since high school. It's probably time to get it appraised and up the insurance. I suspect others here may want to think about the same—four, six, or Subie.

One thing that's really cool in this is that classic Porsches seem to be following the hot-rod ethic of hot-rodding is okay and even desirable if done well—as opposed to the Ferrari/vintage Corvette camp's general aversion to anything but bone stock cars. The stockers may bring top dollar, but modified Porsches, done well, seem to be just fine, too. Cool.

pete
EdwardBlume
I agree on the nicely mod comment. These cars are getting harder and harder to mod right, with a big budget, time, etc.

When the ABM is done, I know I'll never be able to build another.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 23 2015, 09:18 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 23 2015, 10:51 PM) *

pete

That's wild—but your car is really nice, Rob.

I guess that well qualified buyer is no idiot. You can always just go buy another Cayenne Hybrid—but building a car like yours on a checkbook is probably a $70,000-100,000+ proposition, and that doesn't account for time, hassle, and risk.

When I started my conversion, I figured my car was worth $12k at best to the right buyer, maybe $15k. And that, after it was converted, it might be worth $3k more. That was in 2010. Last time I was at an R Gruppe meet, one of those cats—this one beyond well qualified—asked me what I thought my (still unfinished) car was worth in this market. I guessed maybe $35k when finished and sorted. He quietly said, "At least," and I got the sense he was ready to write a check but knew better because I've had the car since high school. It's probably time to get it appraised and up the insurance. I suspect others here may want to think about the same—four, six, or Subie.

One thing that's really cool in this is that classic Porsches seem to be following the hot-rod ethic of hot-rodding is okay and even desirable if done well—as opposed to the Ferrari/vintage Corvette camp's general aversion to anything but bone stock cars. The stockers may bring top dollar, but modified Porsches, done well, seem to be just fine, too. Cool.

pete

Pete,
I'm really glad and grateful for the assistance of McMark and his Original Customs staff in making my car what it is today. Mark is a visionary and his ability to modify with a eye toward original appearance was exactly what I wanted. I credit Original Customs for the value of my car... If I ever sold it, I wouldn't give Mark the money though. lol-2.gif
EdwardBlume
Spoken like a true 914er.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 24 2015, 11:40 AM) *

Spoken like a true 914er.

Indeed. biggrin.gif
Larmo63
With vintage /6 engines going up, up, up, a really well done conversion should make good money. I mean WELL DONE. (like Shea's)

I say Eric's, only because I have seen it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.