Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm officially in the club!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Briby37
After a few months of working with John Forbes at Black Forest Racing, and Rich Bontempi at High Performance House, my first 914 (1974 2.0 in Bahia Red) is on the road. Check out some pictures of the process at the link below.

http://www.motoroso.com/collection/view/54b3f28843520

It was a restoration that started back in the early 2000s, and picked up again in November. Some of the little touches I had added include:
  • Euopean pistons
  • Lighter flywheel
  • Bilstein shocks in the rear
  • Weltmeister front sway bar
  • Polished fuchs
  • Red tartan seat insterts from 914Rubber
  • Bursch Street Quiet exhaust
  • SS Heat exchangers

There are a few things that are yet to be worked on, but for now, it's time to enjoy the car. If you're in the Bay Area and you see a Bahia red 914 riding around, I hope you say hello!

And if you like the site where the pictures are, I encourage you to sign up and share. I'm leaving my current job at a big search company to help with the site. As gear heads, I encourage you to let me know what you think!

This was such a great forum throughout the process, and I'm sure it will continue to be so in the future. Thank you to all that have helped, even if you don't know it.
dlkawashima
Lookin' good! Your car looks like it's ready for a trip down to San Simeon. Are you going to the 2015 WCR?
stevegm
Congrats. Great looking car. Enjoy.
Briby37
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Apr 23 2015, 02:12 PM) *

Lookin' good! Your car looks like it's ready for a trip down to San Simeon. Are you going to the 2015 WCR?

I'd love to, but I start the new gig on May 1st, and then am heading to New York for said gig the next day. I'm hoping to make the Sonoma event that McMark posted in October, and whatever other Bay Area gatherings happen in between. Might even try to organize one at some point.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=252655
JawjaPorsche
Awesome! beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Terrific looking car. first.gif
MDG
thumb3d.gif Congratulations. Car looks good!
KELTY360
welcome.png Very nice car. Although personally I'd have kept the Mahles.
Dave_Darling
Are you sure it's a 914? I don't see any jackstands.... wink.gif

--DD
krazykonrad
welcome.png
green914
very nice! welcome.png
rick 918-S
Those seats rock! aktion035.gif welcome.png
Big Len
NICE.
Tedman5
Awesome venture. Enjoy it and welcome to the world!
Mueller
Nice car....and welcome to the 'club or should I say 'World smile.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 23 2015, 03:14 PM) *

Are you sure it's a 914? I don't see any jackstands.... wink.gif

--DD

Yeah, pretty sure we call buying one in that shape cheating!!! poke.gif

but either way,welcome aboard! I am sure he will get a 2nd one on jackstands soon enough!
JamesM
PS. whats going on with the ride height in those pics?

Project#1 - Drop that thing about 5-6 inches!
Briby37
QUOTE(JamesM @ Apr 30 2015, 09:04 AM) *

PS. whats going on with the ride height in those pics?

Project#1 - Drop that thing about 5-6 inches!

In the early pictures, the car doesn't have an engine, trans, or anything else really. So it is sitting up exceptionally high. The finished version sits a little high for my liking, but not comically so. Lowering is on the to-do list, but there are a few things ahead of it.
MikeInMunich
welcome.png
wndsnd
Hey Brian,

Your car looks great. I hope you are enjoying the rides. Post more pictures when you can and keep in touch.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.