Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fair price for suby wrx engine?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stacks914
Hello thanks for taking the time to look at the post! I was hoping someone could give me some insight on buying a 04 suby engine? I am told it's complete minus turbo and Bov . The thing is it is torn apart. Giving what someone knows of cost of building acquiring turbo and Bov, ecu plus cost of rebuild . What would you pay ? I know it sounds like a ? Of if you gotta ask......yes I know ....please help does include new clutch and flywheel that needs resurfaced. thanks
Stacks914
QUOTE(Stacks914 @ Apr 23 2015, 01:17 PM) *

Hello thanks for taking the time to look at the post! I was hoping someone could give me some insight on buying a 04 suby engine? I am told it's complete minus turbo and Bov . The thing is it is torn apart. Giving what someone knows of cost of building acquiring turbo and Bov, ecu plus cost of rebuild . What would you pay ? I know it sounds like a ? Of if you gotta ask......yes I know ....please help does include new clutch and flywheel that needs resurfaced. thanks

Sorry forgot to add this is an sti 257 motor with stated 100k miles
rpg5553
May want to check out NASIOC.COM board for pricing out parts. They have some
guys on the site that could give you a heads up on what it will cost.
Helped me out with wiring up my ECU when I did my suby swap.
E-Bay is also a good source for getting an idea of cost.

Good luck.
Ronnie G
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Stacks914 @ Apr 23 2015, 02:17 PM) *

The thing is it is torn apart.

$200 tops if it's torn apart. Who knows what else will be missing.
Chris H.
Agree with all comments...primarily that it's not worth much AT ALL if torn apart and the ECU is missing. It's pretty rare that someone sells a Subie engine torn apart unless something went pretty wrong. NASIOC could tell you the value, but I'd probably pass...by the time you find and buy everything that's missing you're spending as much or more than finding a complete similar engine that doesn't need a rebuild. $200 TOPS is right.
Stacks914
I was high on fordged internal high psi dreams! But it sounds like a smart move pass! Thank guys for input!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.