Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have seen the light!...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mattillac
last night i hopped in my car so i could park it closer to my house. i started the car and before i turned on the headlights, i noticed something. i could see a dim light glowing behind the turn signal indicator light in the tach! the headlights are off, the car is idling normally, and i can see the light glowing dimly. has anybody else noticed this? any ideas?
914GT
The colored film for the light turns black. You have to disassemble it to replace it, then it's much brighter.
mattillac
what i'm saying is that with the car idling and NONE of the lights are on, i can see my turn signal indicator light in the tach face glowing dimly. i don't know why, and i'm wondering if anyone else has seen this. confused24.gif
opera guy
what were you smoking? i want some biggrin.gif

i dont have the same light that you described, sorry
mattillac
I hadn't smoked anything yet...but i was all heffed up on cough syrup. wacko.gif i have a '75. the tach has an indicator for the high beams and one indicator for the turn signals. when i use the signals, the indicator works as it should. but when it's not in use it is lit up very dimly.
914fan
perhaps a bad ground!?
Mueller
have a fire extingisher handy "just in case" smile.gif

mattillac
i want to get some LED's in there anyways, but i have some engine problems i need to take care of first. smash.gif i was just wondering if anyone else here has a glowing tach.
beerchug.gif i'm actually just glad to have my car back on the road! driving.gif
Dave_Darling
You turned the headlights on, right? There are light bulbs inside each gauge to light the gauge up when you turn on the headlights or parking lights. Perhaps that was what you were seeing?

--DD
Rand
I thought he said he sees the glow with the lights OFF.
mattillac
QUOTE (RandyLok @ Feb 17 2005, 03:53 PM)
I thought he said he sees the glow with the lights OFF.

yes, the light glows dimly when all of the lights are off and the car is running. i'm gonna try to take a pic with my digital camera. me and my car actually live at the same place after a year and a half.
914GT
Might be something wrong with the turn signal flasher. Maybe you can swap it with another one.
mattillac
QUOTE (914GT @ Feb 17 2005, 07:52 PM)
Might be something wrong with the turn signal flasher. Maybe you can swap it with another one.

idea.gif maybe. it's not really something that bothers me, i'm just wonderin if anyones car does the same thing.
mattillac
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 17 2005, 12:16 PM)
have a fire extingisher handy "just in case" smile.gif

thats a good idea. i'm suprised i haven't needed one yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.