Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiper delay relay add on upgrade mod
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steuspeed
So I have the whole column torn apart to install a new ignition switch. What part on the stalk controls to I need to break/modify so that the wiper stalk goes to the delay position like other VW cars? I installed the 99 variable delay relay on my Scirocco and I have another one for the 914. Might as well do it now. Any other tips or links?

sawzall-smiley.gif
SirAndy
The tab is on the outer shell and prevents the lever from being moved downward.
Don't have any pics but i recall it was easy to do.
idea.gif
dangrouche
here are a couple of threads on the topic of intermittent relay

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...;f=5&t=2094

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=111175&hl=
steuspeed
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 23 2015, 10:04 PM) *

The tab is on the outer shell and prevents the lever from being moved downward.
Don't have any pics but i recall it was easy to do.
idea.gif

This the tab?
JeffBowlsby
smile.gif
steuspeed
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Apr 24 2015, 04:27 PM) *

smile.gif

Where do I buy the relay harness? Do you sell them?
914Sixer
Jeff B makes and sells harness. The relay can be upwards of to $100. Shop around though. Same relay used on lots of Porsche, VW and Audi. 914 part number is 111.955.531 which is a VW number. You can usually put like 944 in the place of the 111 and get 944.955.531 which is the 944 wiper relay. Used interval relays are on Ebay.
Porschef
I used the brown/black (IIRC) to power a washer pump. When I pull the stalk towards me, it operates the pump. I do not have an intermittent option. I don't know if a 944 stalk would offer this additional feature, I just try not to drive the car in the rain
jim_hoyland
Check Autohaus,AZ for the relay; IIRC their prices were much lower

If you still need the mountable relay base I have an extra, the wires were cut near the base, but it is still functional.
larryM
wipers ?????????????????? why?

my car don't do rain -

- has not done rain since 1992 SCCA driver school - a delay would not have helped

. yellowsleep[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.