Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Failed Early Porsche SUV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gambusia
I know I have seen these conversions before but this may be a new low! sheeplove.gif

http://pueblo.craigslist.org/cto/4987862723.html

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

SKL1
Some people have no taste and WAY too much time on their hands...
r_towle
It's a damn good thing that is so far away because I would finish it and put a plow on it....
Mike Bellis
I'd buy that for $500. Where's Pueblo?
balljoint
Cool.
Chris914n6
914 + Nissan + mechanics special = has my name written all over it av-943.gif

Luckily for me it's in Colorado and I can't get it cheap enough.
SirAndy
I'd drive that too!
driving.gif
veekry9
Tragically,a viable candidate for restoration here in Ontario,I even like the color.

veekry9
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 22 2013, 11:41 PM) *

Bound for the Paris-Dakar rally.Easy,old rusted and baked 914 + Jeep = hillbilly fun.Yee-hah.
horizontally-opposed
Actually kind of like it, but needs its chassis shortened just a bit.

I have no idea why Shea is bothering with anything but this... smile.gif

pete
Bulldog9
With all that work they couldn't fashion a spacer to lift the car so they didn't have to cut a hole in the hood? WTF.gif

When I was a kid, my uncle did this with my grandfathers Chrysler Newport. Bib block Chevy Engine, 68 Ford 4x4 Chassis and Luxo Chrysler Body with leather and all the trimmings. If I remember correctly, it was metallic lime green. He even kept the snow plow! I wanted him to do the same with his Trans Am, but no dice...
Chris H.
Hate to say it, but I kinda like it too...seems like I'd have to paint "IT WAS ALREADY LIKE THIS WHEN I BOUGHT IT DAMMIT, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" on the rockers.

Would it be Pueblo, Colorado Mike confused24.gif ? Saddle up and go get it! biggrin.gif
Mueller
I hope it comes with the trailer for that price!

Andyrew
That would be a blast to take on offroad days!!!!
Ansbacher
Kinda harks back to when Porsche put big wheels and tires on a jacked up 959 for the Paris-Dakar back in the eighties. I said "kinda".
scotty b
I'd drive the shnitt out of the blue one shades.gif The copper one should have been aborted barf.gif
AZ914
needs some Bushwacker flares
EdwardBlume
"They killed Kenny!"
somd914
These would be help me fit in better around here in this land of big 4X4 pickups and small minds, well, on second thought...
gms
FAIL!!!
Andyrew
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 24 2015, 12:00 PM) *

"They killed Kenny!"

Hahahaha
Wonderbread
Honestly don't hate it.
tomeric914
Somebody get the VIN#.
AndyB
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 23 2015, 09:08 PM) *

It's a damn good thing that is so far away because I would finish it and put a plow on it....

Funny I was thinking the same thing. That would make a killer vehicle in the winter.
euro911
I'd buy it for $500. too. Shorten the chassis & drive shaft, flared-fenders and olive-drab paint aktion035.gif
euro911
WTF.gif double post
dangerranger01
These offroad porsches reminds me of a car that was on craigslist years ago and my brother ran into it a few weeks later. I actually kind of like this look:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

But this one tops the cake:
IPB Image
altitude411
That buggy would be a great Montana mountain road ride with a targa top though... hummm idea.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(dangerranger01 @ Apr 29 2015, 07:30 PM) *

These offroad porsches reminds me of a car that was on craigslist years ago and my brother ran into it a few weeks later. I actually kind of like this look:

IPB Image

I have a rust bucket I've been thinking of turning into a rally car. Now I know I am. drooley.gif
pgollender
"By God Jim",
It's hard enough to keep a perfectly dry 914 from rusting to Smithereens...
Now you add buckets of water and mud and want to do a rally-cross.
I'm a surgeon Jim, not a miracle worker. headbang.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 29 2015, 09:10 PM) *

IPB Image
I have a rust bucket I've been thinking of turning into a rally car. Now I know I am. drooley.gif
Actually, that looks pretty cool smile.gif
Stacks914
Dude these are badass!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.