Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: newbie here
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ed_914
Bought a project in 1985 when I was stationed in Germany with the Dutch army. Restored the body over several years with Porsche original parts as they where still available then. When I moved back to Holland I stored the body in a barn and life came in the way and I hadn't seen the body since.

3 months ago when I was having dental reconstruction and was incapable of working for the first time in 30 years, laying flat and bored, I found this forum, while surfing the net.

In the mean time I have set up my workshop ready to restart the project.

Bought parts washer , blasting cabinet , engine stand, plating kit and powder coating
gun and last but not least a 3.0 sc 204 hp euro engine.

I have no idea what parts I have in storage but it is a lot as the buy incl parts to convert it to a GT. I remember it is a 2.0l but that is about it.

Got my brother to find the body and sent me some pics.

I need to go to Holland to collect the body and bring it to France where I'm most of the time.

This is going to be a SLOW project but not as slow as it was biggrin.gif

I have not much time between running my business and my passion of sailing, so it will be done during the winter over the next 5 years.

Need to find the pre digital photo's and paperwork to find out the VIN and production date. Here are some photo's with 30 years of dust yellowsleep[1].gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Tbrown4x4
That looks like a great project! Welcome!
JawjaPorsche
Awesome! beerchug.gif
Porschef
French sailor...Catamaran?
mepstein
welcome.png
OU8AVW
Sweet!
Let's see the sailboat too!
Cairo94507
welcome.png

Wow! That is a cool story and very exciting. The tub look very nice and clean. I can't wait to see pictures of all of the nice parts you have stored and then to watch the build as it comes together. Welcome and have fun.
CptTripps
That's a GREAT looking tub. Very clean.

Good luck to you!
green914
welcome.png
aharder
welcome.png
ndfrigi
Welcome to 914world! 30 yrs dust? Looks like it's just a few years dust. It must have been a very good job covering it.
Gustl
welcome.png ... from the neighbourhood biggrin.gif

r3dplanet
welcome.png

Fabulous story. I look forward to reviewing your progress over long winter evenings.

-m.
thieuster
Great to see a neighbour here (I'm from Holland). What interests me: sailing and Porsches! Sounds we're like-minded!

Menno
montoya 73 2.0
welcome.png
Ed_914
Thanks for the nice welcome. smilie_pokal.gif

The body got a bare metal strip down, sandblasted , new original longs, 4 new original panels. Got rust converter sprayed on, metal base coat paint with lead ( that long ago) 2K epoxy primer and 2K paint to protect it while in storage. The body is still after 30 years without any rust. there will be some repairs that I will redo as I have more funds now then when I was 22 years young. Also my tools are a bit better now and I have got some more patience to get things perfect. The car is now on my bucket list so it will be done biggrin.gif

For the ones that asked what I'm doing 4 months of the summer look below

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
welcome.png
SirAndy
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Apr 24 2015, 06:30 AM) *
That's a GREAT looking tub. Very clean.

agree.gif

welcome.png
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.