Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help identifying and locating intake boots
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
halsey
headbang.gif I have a 75 914 2.0 L someone converted it from FI to Carb. I'm trying to replace the ripped intake boots and they are stepped from 39mm to 33 mm. I have had no luck with Pelican or Ecklers as they only sell straight boots (non-stepped)
I have heard it was common for this type of conversion so I'm wondering if someone might be able to ID what I have and where to locate replacements ??

photo is in attachment

Thanks,
JohnClick to view attachment
Dave_Darling
Try CB Performance, or other VW hot-rod shop. Anywhere that sells the single-Weber kit can probably get those.

--DD
bandjoey
If you have not bought the carb yet. STOP. Search online for a set of dual carbs. Dellorto or others. Many carb threads here to read. Less problems and better performance. That said others have used successfully single carburetors. VW forums like thesamba Will probably offer you access to single carb parts. Good luck with your car biggrin.gif
JamesM
Has anyone every told you that you are driving a Volkswagen? biggrin.gif

http://www.airheadparts.com/vintage-vw-par...-113129729-b-sl

VW shops are usually the first place I look for all the random grommets, boots, and seals.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.