Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB metal foglight grills
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Cairo94507
Hi All:

I am looking for a set of metal foglight grills for my car with the foglight openings. As long as they are not cracked, broken, damaged they should work.

I will send them out with the front and rear bumpers to be chromed. Let me know if you have a set and what you want shipped to Scotty at 23120.

I have a set of the plastic ones, but would like to find the early metal ones for my car.

Thanks again,
Michael
altitude411
Michael, have you checked with SMC? http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/914-9...and-Parts-c733/

*scoll down this page... 147.50 each
Cairo94507
Thanks- I sent them an email to see if their OEM grills are plastic or metal. I will post the answer. Thanks, Michael
altitude411
These are on sale from OE. You save 1,570.00 so even if they are plastic it's absolutely a unbeatable deal. blink.gif
Mikey914
Only the ones without the light holes were metal. I looked at making these in aluminum, but it didn't pencil out. As far as I know there aren't any metal with the holes for the lights.
gms
agree.gif
I have never seen metal foglite grills either
rhodyguy
i looked in to making aluminum ones years ago at a foundry i previously worked at. plan was to have a 'match plate' pattern made. that alone was $1.2k. figuring in the hand work to make the surface ready for the finish made the project cost prohibitive.
Cairo94507
Wow! I would have bet $ my first 914-6, back in about '77 had metal fog light grills. That makes my search a lot easier as they are available new, see above, for about $129 each.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.