Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone ever seen knobs like this with the Porsche Crest?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevegm
Has anyone ever seen knobs like this with the Porsche Crest? They came on a 1970 914 I bought. Factory? Aftermarket? If so, they are done very well. I'd like to sell them (cleaning out the garage), and would like to know what they are.
jcd914
I have but I don't recall where or when.

Jim
edrotol
QUOTE(stevegm @ Apr 24 2015, 04:33 PM) *

Has anyone ever seen knobs like this with the Porsche Crest? They came on a 1970 914 I bought. Factory? Aftermarket? If so, they are done very well. I'd like to sell them (cleaning out the garage), and would like to know what they are.

Id be interested if you sell them. first dibs please.
stevegm
QUOTE(edrotol @ Apr 24 2015, 08:38 PM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Apr 24 2015, 04:33 PM) *

Id be interested if you sell them. first dibs please.

Sure. I have no idea what they are worth. They are neat though. I just wanted to make sure they aren't off of some 914-12 or something before I list them in the classifieds. :-)
914Sixer
Never seen knobs like that before in the 31 yrs playing with 914's.
stevegm
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 25 2015, 08:24 AM) *

Never seen knobs like that before in the 31 yrs playing with 914's.

Me neither. But, they are neat.
914Next
Very cool. Love to know more about them.
Tom_T
IIRC Steve, the dealers & some independent Porsche suppliers (e.g.: the old store Performance Products when in Van Nuys CA, etc.) sold those inserts to replace the factory function identifier inserts.

I always found it odd that those using these had to remember which switch did what, but apparently could not remember that their 914 was a Porsche without that line-up of reminders! biggrin.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
boxstr
Would love to see those duplicated. could you pop one out and shoot a pic of th enact side?
Craig at CAMP
stevegm
QUOTE(boxstr @ Apr 26 2015, 11:17 AM) *

Would love to see those duplicated. could you pop one out and shoot a pic of th enact side?
Craig at CAMP

Yep, sure will. But they are actually too small for the knobs. The rubber doesn't hold them in (which would be ideal). They have a sticky side.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(boxstr @ Apr 26 2015, 09:17 AM) *

Craig at CAMP

agree.gif
Andyrew
They almost look like some applied decal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.