Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: avatar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
akellym
How long does it take for your avatar to post? I upload one yesterday and nothing yet.
Brent
I believe the "trick" is to clear your cache before you load your new Avatar. I read this in a similar thread a week ago.
akellym
cache?
Joe Bob
I see a two engine plane...what is it supposed to be?

When you want to change an avatar...try loading NO AVATAR, then laod the one you want...there is a bug the admins are too lazy to fix..... wacko.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE (akellym @ Feb 17 2005, 01:42 PM)
cache?

Yeah, send me all of your cache and I will make sure it works. lol2.gif
lapuwali
QUOTE (akellym @ Feb 17 2005, 01:42 PM)
cache?

Poke around in the Tools or Options menu on your browser. There will be an option somewhere to clear out the cache. Every time you see an image on a web page, it's stored on your PC, so you only have to download it once, this is a "cache". The next time you view that image, it will simply show your local copy. However, if you change an image, your PC may not notice the image and changed, and will continue to show the old, local copy. In this case, if you "clear your cache", it tells the PC to download all of the images again, and you'll get the new version of the image.
akellym
that's what is supposed to be there. On the edit screen it's blank. But if you can see that's all that matters. Thanks
Allan
I see a 3 headed goat.
airsix
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 17 2005, 01:52 PM)
I see a 3 headed goat.

Open your eyes and it will go away.

-Ben M.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (akellym @ Feb 17 2005, 01:51 PM)
that's what is supposed to be there. On the edit screen it's blank. But if you can see that's all that matters. Thanks

Maybe you have your avatars turned off.....do you see othe ones or just NOT YOURS?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.