Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB mid 80's 911sc BOGE strut housings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ahycaramba
Hello fellow Compadres!!! Newbie to 914WORLD and proud owner of a 75" 914 project car. At the moment I'm in the process of upgrading to 5 lug pattern with bigger Boxster brakes with 911SC suspension. i have most of the parts but still need a few more things. WTB mid 80's 911sc BOGE front strut housing with 3.5 caliper spacing. Also complete 911 rear parking brakes. I'm crossing over to boxster rear brakes and need to find a step up that will work.
Thanks,
Al
914Sixer
E-brake conversion at Tangerine Racing.
Luke M
Here's a post to check out.. There's a few different ways to do it but I think the Tangerine kit maybe the best way to go.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=88772

ahycaramba
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 25 2015, 05:37 AM) *

E-brake conversion at Tangerine Racing.

thanks for the info. I'll check them out.
ahycaramba
QUOTE(Luke M @ Apr 25 2015, 06:57 AM) *

Here's a post to check out.. There's a few different ways to do it but I think the Tangerine kit maybe the best way to go.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=88772

Thank you too Luke for the valuable information and your recommendation. it saved me time and also kept me from pulling hair out of my head trying to find this info.
ahycaramba
icon_bump.gif
Bump
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(ahycaramba @ Apr 27 2015, 08:27 PM) *

icon_bump.gif
Bump

Look around on the Bird or Samba for 912 rear parking brake assemblies with backing plates/hats. The 912s are dime a dozen vs the early 911 stuff. I've bought 4 sets and didn't pay more than $40-60 for both sides complete.

Also try to get them with the shoes included. They take a long time to wear out and usually have surface rust and just look ugly.The rear shoes normally can be cleaned up with a little blast with glass beads if they are not worn out.

Just don't tell anyone the 912's are the same as the 911 parts.
Oops -now the secret is out.
ahycaramba
QUOTE(Jeff Hail @ Apr 27 2015, 08:52 PM) *

QUOTE(ahycaramba @ Apr 27 2015, 08:27 PM) *

icon_bump.gif
Bump

Look around on the Bird or Samba for 912 rear parking brake assemblies with backing plates/hats. The 912s are dime a dozen vs the early 911 stuff. I've bought 4 sets and didn't pay more than $40-60 for both sides complete.

Also try to get them with the shoes included. They take a long time to wear out and usually have surface rust and just look ugly.The rear shoes normally can be cleaned up with a little blast with glass beads if they are not worn out.

Just don't tell anyone the 912's are the same as the 911 parts.
Oops -now the secret is out.

Thanks for the info Jeff. I will check them out.
a914guy
I agree with Mark. I recently installed the Tangerine kit on my personal car. I put Brembos on it almost 15 years ago and I've been chucking wheels since.

Contact them for the cable kit pictured here:
Click to view attachment

The installed kit looks something like this:
Click to view attachment

The 911/912 pieces (less drum shoes):
Click to view attachment

And the 914's bearing carrier will need to be trimmed so the 911 backing plate will have clearance to fit.
Click to view attachment
ahycaramba
QUOTE(a914guy @ Apr 28 2015, 01:47 PM) *

I agree with Mark. I recently installed the Tangerine kit on my personal car. I put Brembos on it almost 15 years ago and I've been chucking wheels since.

Contact them for the cable kit pictured here:
Click to view attachment

The installed kit looks something like this:
Click to view attachment

The 911/912 pieces (less drum shoes):
Click to view attachment

And the 914's bearing carrier will need to be trimmed so the 911 backing plate will have clearance to fit.
Click to view attachment

Thanks A914guy.
im sold on tangerine racing ebrake set up . i like the kit for parking brake kit with backing plate. Is that sold through tangerine racing as well? i didn't see it on their web sight.
ahycaramba
icon_bump.gif still in need of front BOGE struts and complete e-brake backing plates and hardware. bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.