Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS:1971 Porsche 914-6 (EBAY) Original 6 car with Replacement 6 Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Just passing this on: Just saw a 1971 Porsche 914-6 on EBAY, #371313661630. Looks like an Original 6 car but has an replacement correct era 6. Mostly taken apart, will need reassembled! Asking $39,500.00 out of Saint Louis, Missouri.
Exterior Yellow with Black Interior
Copied from the ad: This 1971 914-6 is one of only 3,332 originally produced and is a desirable early chrome bumper example. This is a real 914-6 as confirmed by it’s Certificate of Authenticity, and has a correct 914-6 motor, although not the original engine for this car. A comprehensive restoration was started, but abandoned by the previous owner. It is a solid, rot and accident free shell that is largely complete. Bodywork has been started and the car is in primer, though it still needs some panel alignment and a once-over before being ready for paint. Exterior trim has been mostly removed and is included with the car, appearing to be in solid restorable condition. Most of the important components are still present – original fog lights, original Blaupunkt radio, removable roof panel, nice Fuchs wheels and even the original space-saver spare. Inside, the cockpit does require a full restoration but frame work is all present and restorable. The 2.0 liter flat-six engine and 5-speed gearbox are complete but not currently installed, and the original exhaust and heat exchangers appear to be in good order. While it may not be possible to know that every single nut and bolt is still with the car, we can say with confidence that the original major components are present and accounted for, making this a rather straight forward project for any 914 enthusiast. Thanks to the increased popularity and value of 914s, in particular the six-cylinder cars, many new and reproduction parts are now available, making these great candidates for restoration.
Cairo94507
They need to put the crack pipe down and walk away. Seriously. wacko.gif
914runnow
minimum 2 + years resto...
30 g plus to get restored...
still non matching #'s...
20 to 22 g would be fair..
25 at tops.....
would be nice though for someone to get it revived..
Cairo94507
I think if one could get it done for that amount they would be very luck indeed. I wish they would post some photos of the areas we all need to see to better determine what the condition of the car is. A lot of those parts seemed pretty rough to me. Hopefully someone will be purchase this car and save it.
PancakePorsche
I thought only rare '72 MY had 914/4 column and ignition switches.
Cairo94507
That is right- the '70-'71 Six had ignition on the left dash. The '72 Six had the 4 cylinder steering column ignition.
PancakePorsche
This car designated as 71 has that 72 configuration. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.