Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who was it that did the 914/6 alternator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
I have to pull the carbs and the shroud and stuff to replace the alternator in Frank...was trying to search for the play by play...can't find the thread....

With the 356 rear deck, it covers the front of the alternator and it's like a 914/6 removal even though it's an ass dragger....
Joe Bob
Wasn't it TRekkor?
DonTraver
Yeah, but I also think he had the engine on the bench, easy, not in in the car, not easy. Good luck, Don
Carl
Kim Knutilla did the job with extensive documentation.
Gint
Kim wrote up his alternator story.

Try this thread link
Trekkor
It was me... ohmy.gif

If I had to do it again now that the motor is in the car, I'd just drop the motor. 2 hours max. and you save all the work of carbs, and shroud and headbang.gif

KT
Joe Bob
Thanks.....
Cap'n Krusty
Uhhhhh, guys. My partner does 914/6 alternators in the car (without pulling the carbs, shroud, or anything else), and has been since they couldn't give 'em away in 1971. He thought I was nuts when I told him to do one and I said he needed to pull the motor ................... And he doesn't even get his hands dirty ............................................ The Cap'n
Joe Bob
So how's it done old crusty one? pray.gif
markb
Bring it on up to Ben. Maybe he'll tell you. Or maybe not, he doesn't talk much. biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Oh that helps..... cool_shades.gif
Mueller
from looking at the pictures of the motor in the car, it looks like there is room to remove the alt. without removing all that other stuff......I'm sure an inspection mirror helps smash.gif
MattR
Is this for frank?
ein 6er
i pulled mine without removing the carbs.

look here
Joe Bob
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 17 2005, 10:45 PM)
Is this for frank?

yup
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.