Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Years Are These Valances For?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
classicfan1
I have had these for sale for a while and I know the price is right. But I was never sure what year(s) they were. I think the rear valance is a 1973-1976 but I cannot confirm that. What are the differences on the valance panels by year?

I have an interested buyer that would like to know the answer to this. Thanks!

914itis
pM sent
classicfan1
Not here to debate pricing, value, opinions, and what not. I'm only here to find out information on the model years. Thank you!
Dave_Darling
I believe that the fronts are all the same, all years.

The 70-71 had two different styles for the rear valance. Both were taller than the 72-76 version, and both had a "porthole" for the tailpipe to come through. The hole for the 914-6 version was in a different location than that for the 914-4 version.

All of the 72-76 cars had the shorter rear valance shown in your photo. This one had a notch for the tailpipe.

Interestingly, the 914-6 rear valance only fits the 914-6 muffler's tailpipe. The 911 muffler (much more commonly available) has a tailpipe which fits the 914-4 valance better than the -6 valance, and the late "shorty" valance fits with the 911 muffler best of all.

Double-check this against what you can find in the "Originality" forum.

--DD
classicfan1
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 27 2015, 07:07 AM) *

I believe that the fronts are all the same, all years.

The 70-71 had two different styles for the rear valance. Both were taller than the 72-76 version, and both had a "porthole" for the tailpipe to come through. The hole for the 914-6 version was in a different location than that for the 914-4 version.

All of the 72-76 cars had the shorter rear valance shown in your photo. This one had a notch for the tailpipe.

Interestingly, the 914-6 rear valance only fits the 914-6 muffler's tailpipe. The 911 muffler (much more commonly available) has a tailpipe which fits the 914-4 valance better than the -6 valance, and the late "shorty" valance fits with the 911 muffler best of all.

Double-check this against what you can find in the "Originality" forum.

--DD

Thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.