Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do I use the transmission mounts to hold the engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I've got a set of mounts and the bolts, but I'm not sure what other hardware is needed and what the sequence is.

Click to view attachment
McMark
Install the mounts on top the body portion with M8 bolts, split-lock washers and nuts. Leave them slightly loose until everything is mounted so there's not tension from them being slightly out of alignment.

Slip in the M12 (?) bolt with a LARGE washer on top. Should look like this...
worn
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 27 2015, 02:17 PM) *

I've got a set of mounts and the bolts, but I'm not sure what other hardware is needed and what the sequence is.

Click to view attachment

The top piece bolts to the mounts with 4 short bolts. The lower piece needs bolts to the engine case. Finally a pair of long bolts go through the mounts on the top piece, and then through the tubes welded to the lower piece. This hangs the engine from the rubber isolated sport mounts. Cant give you sizes, but i could if i was at the car.
PanelBilly
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 27 2015, 04:18 PM) *

Install the mounts on top the body portion with M8 bolts, split-lock washers and nuts. Leave them slightly loose until everything is mounted so there's not tension from them being slightly out of alignment.

Slip in the M12 (?) bolt with a LARGE washer on top. Should look like this...

So is that cup curved down?
SirAndy
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Apr 27 2015, 05:36 PM) *
So is that cup curved down?

I just used large flat washers ...
smile.gif

IPB Image

McMark
Usually, cupped washers on rubber bushings are cupped up, that picture is cupped down. I think cupped up is correct, but I don't think you'll notice a difference either way.
toolguy
Cup up is how the factory did the 911 mounts.
McMark
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.