Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If there were only 3 cars left in the world...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
Apologies if I used your car in this poll as a pic. The choice is only the cars shown (no other colors). You have unlimited funds, but can not purchase more than 1 car.

Proceed!!
wndsnd
I had a 67 911S coupe. It was a magnificant car and I was young and unappreciative. Then engine needed a rebuild and I spent my last dollar paying a nitwit to rebuild it. I am sure he screwed up the cam timing or something but it never ran right again.

I would give my left nut for another one.
wes
Prices are going up, might need to nuts!
rgalla9146
246 please... BUT..... make mine a coupe.
Already have the noisy roof, mid-engine, 6cyl. Porsche.
stevegm
Six. There is only one mistress of my youth.
dlestep
...unlimited funds, one choice...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
if those were the only cars left, I'd be whittling this out of aluminum in my garage.
balljoint
With apologies. Unlimited dough, I'd pay off the admins to add this car to the poll options.

Click to view attachment

r_towle
Unlimited funds, I want a land speedster from Star Wars....no tires.
FourBlades
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 27 2015, 07:38 PM) *

Millennium Falcon...go anywhere in the galaxy with 10 friends.
I remember Dino's for 40k.. 914-6's for 10k those day's are gone...
Maltese Falcon
Not out of the world prices; but still darn expensive...
#1) one of the original 916's, 2.4L mfi. I promise not to turbo it .
#2) 1963 Corvette Sting Ray (split rear window), 327/ 375hp Rochester fuel injection, 4 speed , 3.73:1 posi, large capacity fuel tank.
#3) 1971Lamborghini Miura/sv
Ok, all of the above in metallic blue.

The Miura/sv is SEXY + FAST, only 760 made.
This unfortunate loss happened due to a servicing error. Even after this 1 million (sterling) loss, the burned out hulk was worth 200,000 (sterling).
Lamborghini must have their own special wishes department !
Marty
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
boxsterfan
You guys are phracking up my poll!!! Haha!! Hmmmm....but that Cali GT looks nice in black.
balljoint
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 27 2015, 10:38 PM) *

I can't find the thread, but I'm sure there was one posted here before.

idea.gif

I believe it did have wheels though.

Admin Edit:

We found it for you Dave.

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
I think the creator/pilots house/ workshop is in the picture also.
I'll never own one but...
cwpeden
Depends what year the Dino was. Do I have to take the one with the ugly bumpers?
sbsix
As much as I love the six and the sounds coming from it when it's running great, I would take the Dino. My neighbor found a trashed one about 25 years ago and rebuilt it and the thing is a work of art, besides sounding great. He drives by my house every Saturday morning, early, and rev's the thing out just for my enjoyment. Always nice to have good neighbors.
thieuster
The guys who take care of my Teener at the moment have a great reputation. And that ensures a long list of very exotic cars on their grounds. Just to show a few:

Alfa Tipo 8 from a local with deep pockets...
IPB Image
With my TR on the background

But the most beautiful car is this other Superleggera: the Aston Martin Superleggera:
IPB Image

billh1963
Of the 3 allowed to be chosen the 246 wins hands down.

There have only been a few truly beautiful cars made and the Dino is one member of that very small club.
dlkawashima
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Apr 28 2015, 09:59 AM) *

Of the 3 allowed to be chosen the 246 wins hands down.

There have only been a few truly beautiful cars made and the Dino is one member of that very small club.

agree.gif The choice would have been much more difficult if this one had been included:

Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
On looks alone, that Dino is hard to beat.

Have driven all three, and the 914 wins in that category, at least to me. The 911 is nice, too, but the Dino feels more like a touring car than a sports car after the 914. Was really odd given the way it looks. Funny driving position, and I only fit if the top is in place or left in the garage. When stowed behind the seats, it was a no go. Another reason to respect the 914's design—though the Dino's design, especially in 206 coupe form, is, well... wub.gif

pete
Mike Walsh
[/quote]
agree.gif The choice would have been much more difficult if this one had been included:

Click to view attachment
[/quote]

I had an old fiberglass dunebuggy with the same paint/gelcoat.
cali914
The Dino only because it was a car well before its time. Similar to the 928 and the Supra. if you catch my drift.
EdwardBlume
914/6... Let's tip the hat to our obsession.
stevegm
I remember were Dinos were "affordable." And then the story goes that someone in Florida bought a few of them. He ran an add in the auto trader (which used to be a print magazine) at a high price for a Dino. After a month he marked it sold. Then he ran an ad at a higher price, and a month later marked it sold. And so it went. Until prices went through the roof.
somd914
I greatly enjoy my 914, and with its 911 front end and 2056 it puts it in the 914-6 performance category for a fraction of the cost. Perhaps I would feel differently if the 6 looked significantly different from a 4, but to the casual observer its just another 914.

And in a similar fashion, the early 911s were different to some degree but not drastically different from the large numbers of short hoods on the road.

Therefore, given the choice of having to take one of the three, it would have to be the Dino with a body that stands out and says drooley.gif in comparison to the others.

Now if you throw driving in, having never driven a Dino, my attitude might change. But then again, in the scenario presented I'd have to imagine these cars would be show queens, not drivers, and given unlimited funds, I'd likely have a garage full of drivers including my 914!
don-6
Normally I would say yes for the Dino, but don't care for it in that color. On the other hand, I think Adriatic blue is one of the best colors on a 914.
The 914-6 gets my vote.
bradtho
To me the Dino is one of the best looking cars ever. So many intriguing details to enjoy looking at for years to come. I love that I drive a NARP and dream of owning a NARF. Clearly something wrong with me!
Stacks914
Oh the Dino, gulf oil ford gt, Porsche 918, broadspeed Jaguar XJC. Ferrari 599 GTO current 911turbo S I saw one today thing is nasty! Zr1,z06,5 vipers, hellcat, more Porsches, As many ferraris as I can get, couple Mercs, alpha and nismo gtrs, resto mod American muscle out the ass, first gen bronco, land rovers, f type jags, Mustangs, grave digger monster truck, and prolly like 20 914's in different stages of badass. I mean I got the cash...right?
OllieG
I love these 'which one' votes...

Am I going to be shunned if I say the Dino?…the 914/6 comes very close but only a real GT would top the Dino for me - oh yeah, and a nice Carrera 6 or 917!

911s hmmm, not so much…10 a penny!!..wait for the abuse! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.