Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 2.0 on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joeav8tor
I have been looking patiently for a 914...living in the northeast, it is difficult to find a decent 914 for sale....without a PPI, what does anyone think that a fair price for this car would be? ebay item 4527574787....I alsowould appreciate anyone in the clearwater florida area, checking the car out, if possible..
thank you type.gif
iiibdsiil
I would go, but I don't want anyones purchasing decision based on what I said.... But, I would be more than glad to go with someone else locally (Ury914?) to check it out, and then I can get a good understanding of what to look for. I have some tenative plans on Sat but Sun is open all day after church in the AM.

I could take pictures at least. Just not comfortable, what if I miss something major, etc. Shoot a PM over to Ury914 see what he is doing though, and tell him I said I would go with him, or maybe he will stumble across this thread.

*edit*
I just saw the auction has just over a day left... I *might* be able to run over there tomorrow after/night, maybe when the guy gets off work or something... I'm not sure of my plans tomorrow though.
nine14cats
Hi Joe,

I have a 1976 2.0 that passes CA smog if you're interested. I was keeping it for a rainy day....(A V8 conversion happy11.gif ) for the 30 year exempt rule to take effect here in CA. New legislation stopped the exemptions at 1975....so I have to decide to keep it or sell.

The car is yellow exterior, black interior. A few small parking dings but looks like it hasn't been hit. Original color. I am ready to reupholster the seats. So you could have a say so in the original checkerboard cloth or going with the basketweave black.

The car goes to Rich Bontempi at HPH next week for a full inspection and tune up. I had scheduled it to go being that I wanted to know everything good, bad, pretty, and ugly if I decided to restore her to 100%. The body and car are that clean. The engine looks to be all 115K that's on the odometer (maybe more?) but as I said it passes emissions tests. The cat and smog pump are still on it. And I have a set of SSI heat exchangers and 74 exhaust that was on it when I bought it.

I'm the 4th owner I know of. I'll be pulling a carfax to check.

I actually wasn't going to sell....but I've got a 930 4 speed sitting in the garage and an itch to try something different. I'll probably look for a 1975 as I seem to be one of the few that likes the 75/76 bumpers....

Just PM me if you're interested. I'll have Rich do a full rundown and we can talk offline.

Thanks,

Bill P.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Feb 17 2005, 11:40 PM)
I'm the 4th owner I know of. I'll be pulling a carfax to check.

good luck on that...
nine14cats
Your right....Carfax only goes back to 1981....are all the databases like that? I've got maintenance paperwork an inch thick with the different owners names...but it would be nice to know the history.

Anyone know if I can get this info from DMV?

Bill P.
anthony
It sounds like a nice car. I've heard so many Florida car related horror stories that I'd be cautious. Assuming it ends with reserve not met, get in contact with the owner, talk to him on the phone, and get a feel for the car. Listening to an ownertalk about a car can reveal things you won't find in an ebay ad.

I suggest making a deal with the guy over the phone that is contingent on a PPI at a good shop (and not the shop that rebuilt the engine).

v82go
In his description he goes into detail about all the work he has done on it, but! also states that he has not removed the outer rockers to look for rot, this kind of sends up
a RED flag to me.
CptTripps
I opened up my rockers to look for rot...and then I didn't need to go buy potting soil.

I have a pic somewhere of all the dirt that I pulled out. I put it in a pot and stuck a daisy in there...we'll see if it grows this summer.

I'd be carefull on a FLA car. They get INSANE salt build-up on things there...Who knows, could be the nicest car ever...get a PPI.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.